Lesson 2f - Handling Leftovers
Submitted by taylork on Mon, 01/20/2014 - 10:02
If in doubt ... throw it out!
Follow these steps to ensure safe handling of leftovers:
- Wash hands before and after handling leftovers.
- Divide hot leftovers into small units and store in shallow containers for quick cooling. Bacteria can grow rapidly during the cooling process.
- Refrigerate leftover items immediately after service.
- Reheat leftovers thoroughly to a temperature of 165°F. Bring soups, sauces and gravies to a rolling boil.
- When properly refrigerated below 41°F, don’t keep leftovers for more than 4 days.
|<< back||next >>|