Lesson 2b - Storing
Submitted by taylork on Mon, 01/20/2014 - 09:57
Don't wait ... Refrigerate!
Proper storage maintains quality and prevents contamination from unintentional and intentional sources.
- Wash hands as soon as you return home.
- Refrigerate or freeze meat, fish and poultry immediately. Freezers should be 0° F.
- Refrigerate dairy products immediately. Refrigerator temperature should be below 41° F.
- Store meat, fish and poultry in plastic bags or on a plate, and place on lowest shelf of refrigerator to prevent raw juices from dripping onto other foods.
- Wash hands with soap and water for 15 seconds before and after handling raw meat, poultry or seafood products.
- Store canned goods in a cool, clean, dry place. Put recent purchases in back of older items.
- Store fresh produce appropriately. Most should be refrigerated and not washed until time to use. Washing with running water is sufficient.
|<< back||next >>|