About ISU Extension and Outreach: Floyd County
The Floyd County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Floyd County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Floyd County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized support they need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Extension's Mission: Healthy People. Environments. Economies.
The Floyd County Extension & Outreach office is a part of a county, state, and federal partnership bringing the resources of Iowa State University and the USDA to you. Your local County Extension & Outreach office has research-based information and educational programs to help families, communities, business people, and youth make informed decisions.
We provide information and informal educational opportunities to adults and youth on a variety of topics relating to agriculture, business and industry, families, communities, and youth.
Who Benefits... from ISU Extension programs that reach local audiences?
- Young people from rural areas and communities who learn from 4-H activities and projects.
- Families who take advantage of food and nutrition information and parenting instruction and senior citizens.
- Farmers who have come to rely on ISU Extension as a reliable source of information they can apply to their farm business operations.
- Community leaders, small business owners, consumers, and many other people just like you.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Upcoming Extension Council Activities Events
- Floyd County Extension Council meeting