Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation and electronic filing for low to moderate income Iowans.
Certified community volunteers prepare taxes with computer software and help with special tax credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or Disabled.
IRS VITA tax sites are located throughout Iowa and partner with organizations including Iowa State University Extension and Outreach offices in some locations.
To locate the VITA site nearest to you, download a listing of Iowa sites, or call 1-800-906-9887 or 211 in Iowa.
County Extension and Outreach offices hosting VITA sites for the current tax year include:
- Cass County in Atlantic - call 712-243-1132
- Page County in Clarinda - call 712-542-5171
- Wright County in Clarion - call 515-532-3453
- Adams County in Corning - call 641-322-3184
- Howard County in Cresco - call 563-547-3001
- Guthrie County in Guthrie Center - call 641-747-2276
- Franklin County in Hampton - call 641-530-3308
- Mills County in Malvern - call 712-624-8616
- Cerro Gordo County in Mason City - call 641-530-3308
- Sac County in Sac City - call 712-662-7131
- Montgomery County in Red Oak - call 712-623-2592
- Winnebago County in Thompson - call 888-408-6606
- Tama County in Toledo - call 641-484-2703
- Allamakee County in Waukon - call 563-568-6345
- Hamilton County in Webster City - call 515-297-1543