Provide Positive Sports Experiences for Kids - Webinar
Children and sports is big news in many communities. Sports can be a source of fun as well as promote healthy development in many ways. Parents make decisions with their children about: when to start, what sports are a good fit, whether to play individual or team sports, and how much of the family resources to invest.
Join us as we discuss the benefits of sports for children and youth. We’ll take a look at the pitfalls and negatives when sports become more than fun. We will tackle competition and the role it plays in children’s sports experiences. The concluding remarks will encompass the importance of positive parent involvement.
How does a webinar work?
Participation is easy and convenient. Webinar attendees participate from a computer with Internet access. Participants will hear the presenters through your computer speakers and will have the opportunity to interact with the presenters and other attendees using a chat box in the webinar meeting room.
How do I participate?
Prior to the webinar:
- Ensure your computer meets the minimum computer requirements.
- Visit our webinar connection page to test your computer’s ability to participate in a webinar. If the diagnostic test finds that important software is missing from your computer, you will be automatically provided with a link to download the required software.
The day of the webinar:
- Up to 30 minutes prior to the start time, go to: https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/r7anuzrz8og/
- Select the button to "Enter as a Guest"
- Type your first and last name > Click the "Enter Room" button
- You will be brought into the room where you can wait for the class to start.
To view the webinar, you must have the following:
- A computer
- An active Internet connection - High speed (at least 512 kbps download speed) is recommended for optimal experience
- Flash player - a free download from the Adobe website