Following is a sample job description for a county extension office assistant:
POSITION: County Extension Office Assistant
HOURS: 3 days per week, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
DATE OPEN: Immediately
1. High School Graduate.
2. Any combination of clerical office experience and/or post high school secretarial/clerical training which is the equivalent of two years of full-time employment. References required.
3. Advanced microcomputer skills required, Microsoft Windows, Word for Windows and Excel preferred or related programs.
4. Ability to type at a minimum of 50 words per minute.
5. Filing, organizing and other abilities demonstrated through related work experience.
6. Problem solving skills, organizational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks..
7. People oriented individual, skilled in customer relations and willing to be a team player. Must be able to work in a group effort.
SALARY: $_______ per hour. Additional benefits include IPERS and Social Security.
APPLICATION: Apply at the _____________ County Job Service until _________ (date).
Contact person: ___________________________, County Extension Education Director
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER