About ISU Extension and Outreach: Emmet County
Iowa State University Extension serves Iowans through six program areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources; Business and Industry; Communities; Families; 4-H Youth Development; and Continuing Education. Emmet County brings the University to you.
Extension Council members are elected by the voters of Emmet County to serve four year terms. They oversee the planning, preparation, marketing, and delivery of the extension education program in the county. Every county in Iowa has an extension council. Extension Councils provide, through a unique partnership with Iowa State University and other federal and state organizations, researched-based, unbiased information and education to help county citizens make better decisions.
The Emmet County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Emmet County.
Emmet County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized support they need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living