Strengthening Families Program 10-14 Offered Fall 2013
EVERY FAMILY HAS ITS STRENGTHS AND EVERY FAMILY WANTS TO BECOME STRONGER.
WHAT IS STRENGHTENING FAMILIES PROGRAM: 10-14?
– The Estherville PROSPER very happy to be able to offer the Strengthening Families Program: 10-14 to you and your 6th grader.
– Strengthening Families Program: 10-14 is a fun and very effective program for ALL parents designed to build strong families.
– Parents who have participated reported that they enjoyed meeting with other supportive families and appreciated the time they spent with their child. They learned new and effective ways to deal with the challenges and stresses that parents experience when raising kids.
– Your child will learn new skills that will help them resist peer pressure, make good friends, respect others and encourage good behavior.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
– Small groups of about 10-12 families will meet for 2-hour sessions each week for 7 weeks. The first session will begin on Sunday September 15 and run through October 27.
– The first hour you and your child meet separately. The second hour is spent working together to apply what you have learned as a family.
– The program is completely free to all families. Meals will be served and childcare will be available for younger children upon request.
– As a way of thanking each family for participating, youth will receive (incentive) each week and a graduation gift at the end.
There are more pressures now than ever before, and this program can help prepare families for ALL of the expected and unexpected forces your child will face.
This program is being offered to ELC 6th graders and their families begining Sunday, September 15- October 27. Two sessions will be offered, the early session is 3:00- 5:00 pm and the late session is 5:30-7:30 pm. A meal will be served from 5-5:30 pm for all participants. Free childcare for younger siblings is also offered.
To register for this program, complete the registration form and return to your child’s homeroom teacher or send to the Emmet County Extension Office 26 South 17th Street Estherville, Iowa 51334. Questions about this program can be directred to Britney Rosburg at (712) 362-3434 or email email@example.com
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living