Emmet County 4-H & FFA FSQA Certification Dates Set
FSQA is a statewide program that all livestock exhibitors (except dog, horse, cat or pet) are required to be certified in. Trainings teach good production practices and ethics. Remember that FSQA is now aligned with grades as we do in 4-H. So, all 4th, 5th, and 6th graders are requitred to come to the training.
The guidelines for the Iowa 4-H FSQA program in Emmet County and across the state.
Following are the rules:
* All of the following 4-H/FFA exhibitors must be certified in FSQA in order to participate in the Emmet County Fair:
-BEEF (Market & Breeding, Bucket/Bottle Calf)
-DAIRY (Cattle & Goats)
-SHEEP & GOATS (Market & Breeding)
-POULTRY (Market & Breeding)
-RABBIT (Everything except miscellaneous- pet)
* Youth, grades 4, 5 & 6 must certify by attending a training session.
* Youth, grades 7, 8 & 9 can recertify annually at a training or can test out in the intermediate level.
* Youth, grades 10, 11 & 12 can recertify annually at a training session or can test out. If youth pass the test, certification will be good until they graduate.
*Youth can be certified in FSQA by attending an Extension sponsored FSQA training. Youth are able to attend training in any county; however, they need to contact the host county to pre-register.
Emmet County FSQA Trainings & Testing Dates - to pre-register call 712-362-3434.
Tuesday, June 11 - FSQA Training - First Presbyterian Church in Estherville, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Pre-register by June 7.
Tuesday, June 11 – FSQA TESTING DATE
Emmet County Extension Office, 8:30 am - 4:00 p.m. Set up your specific time to test by June 7
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living