We’re so happy that you are interested in volunteering for the Dubuque County Youth and 4-H Program. Through the efforts of more than 20,000 volunteers statewide, Iowa Youth and 4-H reaches more than 100,000 young people each year with educational programs and experiences. Through 4-H, youth gain self-confidence, make friends, and develop skills that last a lifetime.
4-H volunteers are the key to this program. Volunteers hold many different roles within 4-H, including teaching, coaching, supervising, and advising young people. In addition, volunteers may train other volunteers, manage events or funds, or assist with other program support. Volunteers help accomplish many different jobs.
The rewards for volunteering are great! 4-H volunteers make a significant contribution to their communities by helping young people grow and develop in positive ways. At the same time, volunteers benefit thorough training, conferences, and meeting other concerned adults. It’s also fun to be a 4-H volunteer!
In order to become a 4-H volunteer, there are a series of steps for you to complete. The purpose of this process is to help you know more about 4-H and to help us know more about you. Knowledge about your interests, skills, and background will lead to a better match between your volunteer role and the needs of youth. It is also a necessary step in protecting children and volunteers associated with 4-H.
- Complete the Volunteer Application, Staff/Volunteer Services Confidentiality Statement, Youth Safety/Well Being Statement, Volunteer Interest Form, Volunteer Background Disclosure, and the Volunteer Background Authorization Form.
- Return all of the forms to the Extension office. Please seal the provided envelope to ensure that all information will be kept confidential.
- Your application will be reviewed, and you will then be notified regarding your volunteer status.
- If approved, you will receive orientation, training, and materials on your new role as needed.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living