Local Foods Resources - Dubuque County
LOCAL FOODS AT DUBUQUE COUNTY EXTENSION & OUTREACH
About The Local Foods Program:
ISU Extension and Outreach’s mission is to help Iowans make informed decisions by applying relevant, needs‐driven resources, to create significant impact in our state.
Food systems are at the core of each of ISU’s four signature issues:
- Food and the environment: supporting a safe, sustainable and affordable food supply (diversified farms, sustainable food production).
- Health and well-being: helping Iowa become the healthiest state in the nation (nutrition education, reconnecting children with food, edible landscapes).
- Economic development: growing businesses and strengthening communities (creating jobs, creating opportunities for beginning farmers, reconnecting consumers with producers).
- K12 youth outreach: preparing our young people for the future (farm to school, engaging youth).
Keep in touch!
Learn more about what's happening in the Dubuque area by signing up for our monthly Local Food Newsletter or click on the links below for past issues.
You can also follow Local Foods at ISU Extension & Outreach On Facebook or visit the ISU Extension & Outreach Local Foods Webpage
Learn about what's going on across the state in local with the Iowa Regional Food Systems Working Group - Join us On Facebook
Dubuque County Iowa State University
Extension & Outreach
14858 West Ridge Ln.
Dubuque, IA 52003
Local Food Coordinator
P: 563 583 6496
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Local Foods Resources & Links
Food System Planning
Agricultural Urbanism Toolkit Process & Dubuque Food System Snapshot (Powerpoint 2016)
On Farm Food Safety & Production
- Iowa State University Beginning Farmer Center
- Iowa Fruit & Vegetable Production Budgets
- BOOK: Fearless Farm Finances
For Eaters & Gardeners
For Schools & Organizations Serving Youth
- Local Foods Curriculem for Youth Educators
- Northeast Iowa Farm to School Chapter Resources
- Dubuque County School Garden 101
- Farm to School Recipes - Northeast Iowa Food and Fitness Initiative