Sharpen your financial coaching skills during this 5-week face-to-face and online course designed to help non-profit organizations/groups assist clients/members with their financial management concerns.
April is Financial Literacy Month.
Take a few minutes to help improve your financial health.
Money Management Institute created 30 days of financial tips – here are a few:
- The first and most important step in developing and following a financial plan is to examine your attitudes about money.
- Get your financial house organized is a great way to begin on your path toward financial wellness. But before you bulldoze the clutter pile of receipts and paper, you should know that some things are worth hanging on to. The key is to know what keep and what to toss.
- Your credit reports can provide a snapshot of your overall financial situation. Review your credit reports for accuracy can also help you to identify errors or fraudulent activity. Fortunately, it is easier than ever to obtain copies of your reports. The FACT Act gives every consumer the right to a free credit report every year from each of the three major credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. To get your free report, call 877-322-8228 or visit www.annualcreditreport.com
- If you find an error on your credit reports, you’ll need to know your rights. Fill out an online dispute form.
- Freedom from debt is an achievable goal for every family. The first step in regaining control is to take an honest look at your existing obligations.
To see the remaining tips go to: http://www.financialliteracymonth.com/30Steps/Step30.aspx
Click here for:
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Dubuque County Events
Financial Management & Strategic PlanningMore Financial Management & Strategic Planning Events
All Events for Dubuque County