The purpose of 4-H record keeping is to teach how to keep records, which is an important life skill. Record keeping is an ongoing process that does not end when the 4-H year ends.
Can't find what you are looking for? Visit the Iowa 4-H webpage : http://www.extension.iastate.edu/4h/projects/livestock
Delaware County Suggested Order for 4-H Record Book
1. Title Page with Photo
Suggestions for your title page: current photo, name, 4-H club, years in 4-H, grade in school (last fall).
2. Expected Standards for Delaware County
3. Local 4-H Club Program
4. 4-H Yearly Summary – The summary helps you summarize your participation in 4-H projects, local group involvement and at community, county, area, and state levels. Pictures and clippings related to club events may be placed here. Examples: club meetings, camps, county and state fair non-project activities
5. Project Records – One form is needed for each project in which you are enrolled.
*Goals are required for each project area.
*Financial records are encouraged for all members. Intermediate and senior members are required to include some type of financial statement on their projects.
*Project related photos, clippings, and exhibit information should be placed after the forms.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Remember to organize your 4-H record book.
It is recommended that each project area should be separated with a “tab” divider, and arranged with the most recent material on top in each project area.
Record Keeping Tips:
1. Be Neat.
2. Check spelling, grammar, and math.
3. Be sure to tell what you learned in each project throughout the year.
4. Please do not include the following items: fair ribbons, feed tags, 4-H newsletter, club programs, or stall cards.
5. Goals are what you want to learn in each project and includes three parts:
• ACTION - how you are going to do it.
• RESULT - what you will do
• TIMETABLE - when you plan to have it completed.
Ask yourself: Do you have control over all 3 parts of the goal?
Examples: I want to learn how to make chocolate chips cookies to serve at the March 4-H meeting. I want to train my dog to sit before county fair time. NOT : I want to win a blue ribbon at fair.
8 Record Book Tips
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living