Helpful Information for Editors
Welcome to website editing! Thank you for being a county site editor.
Need rights to a county site?
- You will need to log in to the site by selecting “Website Log In” at the bottom of your County homepage: http://extension.iastate.edu/countyname
- Then, you will need to contact your regional director to give you editing permissions. It is very important that you log in first.
County Website Help Info Box
At the bottom of your homepage, when logged in, you will see a “County Website Help” box that you can use to get started. It includes a link to the following:
- Website Training Manual: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/countymanual
- View video tutorials on the ISU Extension Web YouTube Channel.
- How-To Videos & Training Sessions: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/content/county-website-help
- Email for the EIT Web Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number for EIT Hotline: 515-294-1725
EIT Web Editor Email List
You are now part of the email@example.com email list.
The email list is what I use to send out reminders for monthly webinars and tips from which everyone could benefit.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need added.
Adobe Connect Training Sessions
You can link here, https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/cms/ to join webinars at times below:
First Thursday of the Month: Web Tips 10am – 11am
I will present a couple web tips that pertain to one topic and dive a little deeper into it. These sessions could be considered more advanced.They are usually about 30 to 40 minutes, but I reserve an hour in case there are any additional questions. I usually plan to present a topic for about 20-30 minutes and then answer any questions.
Second Thursday of the Month: Working through the manual 10am – 11am
It takes 2 or 3 sessions to get through the entire manual, and then I start over and continue. This is presented at a beginner level and we skim the high points in hopes to ease into the information. All are welcome to both sessions and this would be good to start out. It is also good for anyone who would like to review editing the site.
- View Previous Webinar Recordings: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/content/county-website-help
Email Extension Web Team
Welcome to the ISU Extension & Outreach web editing team!
Hope to see you in an upcoming webinar.
Ann Greazel | Information Technology
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living