Business and Community
Whether you want to improve a company’s bottom line or enhance a city’s roadways and parks, you can rely on ISU Extension. Our experts and resources help community and business leaders plan for and react to situations affecting their companies and communities — whether it’s recovering from a natural disaster, or learning to better control a chain of suppliers; securing government contracts, or enhancing the management skills of those serving nonprofit groups.
Looking for information on one of these topics?
Blog with our experts
Connect with ISU Experts
Only have a few minutes? Get quick tips from these short lessons.
Online and Adventure Courses
- Community Development online Master’s Program - For community leaders, practitioners, and for those committed to people and places
- Iowa Public Employees Leadership Academy - Designed to create better leaders and supervisors for Iowa’s public agencies
- Essentials of ArcGIS 10 - Explore the new, easy-to-use features in ArcGIS 10.x.
- Adventure Learning Center leadership courses
CIRAS surveys western Iowa manufacturers about flood
To better understand the impact of the Missouri River flooding on manufacturers in the affected region, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Center for Industrial Research and Service (CIRAS) recently contacted manufacturing companies operating in the six-county Presidential Disaster Declaration Area that includes Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Monona, Pottawattamie, and Woodbury Counties.
Subscribe to a newsletter
- CIRAS News - Iowa manufacturers, legislators, economic developers and public institutions may receive a hard copy of the CIRAS News quarterly at no cost.
Communities Main Menu
- About Us
- What We Do
- Topics of Interest
- Workshops & Programs
- CED Tools