Want to know more about growing vegetables and fruits, native forbs and flowers, or flowers in flowerbeds, backyard gardens, flower pots, or on rooftops? Whether your interests are with a small personal garden, community garden plot or an acreage garden, ISU Extension has experts and educational experiences that can help you make good decisions about plants, soil, pests and diseases. Begin here to find out how ISU Extension experts can connect you to research that you need.
Looking for information on one of these topics?
Iowa State University Extension has Web pages of information on:
Blog with our experts
Share ideas, ask questions and interact with Extension Master Gardeners via the national blog for MG volunteers
Connect with Iowa Master Gardeners
Places to visit
- Iowa Arboretum – grows, displays, identifies and studies plants and demonstrates their values and uses for education, scientific research, conservation, aesthetic purposes, and for personal enjoyment and recreation.
- Reiman Gardens – Visit one of Iowa’s largest public gardens, a year-round facility features distinct gardens throughout the indoor and outdoor areas, an indoor conservatory, indoor butterfly wing, butterfly emergence cases, gift shop and five supporting greenhouses.
- Homegrown Lifestyle - ISU Extension Course for Those Interested in Producing Foods for Personal Use
- Summer Webinar Series: Garden Natives & Invasives 2011 - Find a hosting county near you.
- Preserve the Taste of Summer
Subscribe to a newsletter
Gardening in the Zone: Fall Lawn Care
Video from Gardening in the Zone.
Communities Main Menu
- About Us
- What We Do
- Topics of Interest
- Workshops & Programs
- CED Tools