ISU Extension and Outreach and Northern Iowa Research Farm Association Sponsor Educational Meeting
CLARION, Iowa-- Farmer experience with cover crops, Iowa’s nutrient loss strategy and a grain marketing outlook will highlight the annual meeting of the North Iowa Research Farm. The annual meeting and educational program will take place on Thursday, March 13 at the Heartland Museum in Clarion, Iowa. Registration and refreshments will begin at 8:30 a.m. and the meeting will start at 9 a.m. The meeting will adjourn at 2 p.m.
Those planning to attend are encouraged to pre-register by Friday, March 7
Pre-registration is needed to plan for meal numbers and handout materials. There is no cost to attend. To register for the meeting and educational program, call the Hancock County Extension office at 641-923-2856 or the Wright County Extension office at 515-532-3453.
Program speakers include
- Micah Smidt, ISU North Iowa Research Farm superintendent - season review, ISU FARM project.
- Matt Helmers, ISU Extension ag engineer - Iowa’s Nutrient Reduction Strategy.
- Area farmers Tim Smith and Arliss Nielsen - experience with cover crops.
- Bruce Voigts, Natural Resources Conservation Service MRBI project coordinator - cover crops.
- Dennis Schwab, president of the North Iowa Research Farm association - annual meeting.
- Chad Hart, ISU Extension economist – grain market outlook.
First Citizens National Bank of Clarion will provide the morning refreshments. Gold -Eagle Cooperative, MaxYield Cooperative and North Central Cooperative will sponsor the lunch.
The meeting is open to the public.
Communities Main Menu
- About Us
- What We Do
- Topics of Interest
- Workshops & Programs
- CED Tools