Food Safety Workshops for Fruit and Vegetable Growers Offered in Seven Locations
Growers interested in improving food safety and post-harvest handling of fruits and vegetables can learn both at Iowa State University Extension workshops this winter. The workshops will be held during January and February at seven Iowa locations and will also cover the implications of recent federal food safety legislation on small growers.
- Jan. 27 – Holiday Inn Des Moines Airport/ Conference Center. To register, contact Sue Woods at the Value Added Agriculture Program at ISU Extension at 515-294-9483 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb. 2 – Muscatine County Extension Office, Muscatine. To register, contact Shirley Grimm or Vera Stokes at 563-263-5701 or email@example.com.
- Feb. 3 – North Iowa Community College, Oelwein. To register, contact Teresa Wiemerslage at 563-794-0599 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit www.iowafreshfood.org.
- Feb. 4 – Linden Residence Hall, Ames. To register, contact Darrin Vander Plas at 515-294-2892 or email@example.com. For more information, visit www.dining.iastate.edu/farm/.
- Feb. 8 – Griswold Community Center, Griswold. To register, contact Bahia Barry at Golden Hills RC&D at 712-482-3029 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb. 9 – Downtown Sioux City Library, Sioux City. To register, contact Laura Kuennen, Local Food Systems Coordinator at 712-276-2157 or Lkuennen@iastate.edu.
- Feb. 10 – North Iowa Fairgrounds 4-H Building, Mason City. To register, contact Mark Schutt at Prairie Winds RC&D at 641-923-3606 or email@example.com.
Communities Main Menu
- About Us
- What We Do
- Topics of Interest
- Workshops & Programs
- CED Tools