Other GIS Resources
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Answers to common GIS questions at Iowa State University Extension.
Quick Task Sheets (QTS) - One page recipes for completing common GIS Tasks.
- Iowa Geographic Map Server: Orthophotos
- Geospatial Data Explorer: Search for data
- Iowa DOT (Department of Transportation): Infrastructure data and geo-referenced county highway maps as well as various administrative boundaries.
- NRGIS Library: Lots of Iowa GIS data
- Iowa State University GIS Facility: GIS ftp server
- Kaiser State Health Facts: Provide free, up-to-date, and easy-to-use health data on all 50 states
- NOAA's National Weather Service GIS Data Portal: Downloadloadable shapefiles, web services, and KML files
- USGS The National Map: Visualize, inspect, and download topographic basemap data
- FAO GeoNetwork: Interactive maps, satellite imagery and related spatial databases
- The Iowa Environmental Mesonet (IEM): High resolution depiction of rainfall estimates over the state of Iowa
- Iowa Community Indicators Program (ICIP): Provides data and research on local demographic, social, and economic trends in Iowa.
- ESRI ArcGIS: An international supplier of industry standard geographic information systems software. The software is supported at ISU through a campus license.
- QGIS: A free and open source geographic information system
Communities Main Menu
- About Us
- What We Do
- Topics of Interest
- Workshops & Programs
- CED Tools