Clinton County Celebrates 100 Years of Extension
CLINTON COUNTY CELEBRATES 100 YEARS OF EXTENSION
Clinton County was the first county in Iowa to formally hire an Extension Agent. On July 6, 1912, a contract was signed by M. L. Mosher of Ames. He started work on September 1, 1912.
In the early years Extension has been affiliated with the Clinton Commercial Club and the Clinton County Farm Improvement Association, later known as Farm Bureau. This changed in 1955, when the newly established Agricultural Extension Law transferred the responsibility of conducting the Extension Program from the County Farm Bureau to the County Extension Council.
Today, Extension works in cooperation with local County Extension Councils, Iowa State University and USDA. Extension provides research-based information and education to help people make better decisions in their personal, community and professional lives. ISU Extension and Outreach is committed to healthy people, healthy environments and health economics.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living