About ISU Extension and Outreach: Clay County
Clay County Extension serves Iowans through six program areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources, Business and Industries, Communities, Families, 4-H Youth Development and Continuing Education and Communication Services.
ISU Extension builds partnerships and provides research-based learning opportunities to impove the quality of life in Iowa. Click on the links bleow to see how ISU Extension has affected Clay County.
- 2012 Stakeholder's Report
- 2009 Stakeholder's Report
- 2008 Stakeholder Report
- 2007 Stakeholder Report
- 2006 Stakeholder Report
- 2005 Stakeholder Report
- 2004 Stakeholder Report
- 2003 Stakeholder Report
About Iowa State University Extension and Outreach: Clay County
The Clay County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Clay County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Clay County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized support they need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living