The Scramble Calf Project is a fun and educational beef production experience!
Who can be involved?
You, the 4H'er
- Clay County beef project members who have exhibited market beef in 4-H/FFA shows at the Clay County Fair for five years or less
- Clay County 4-H/FFA beef project members who are new to the beef project
- Clay County 4-H/FFA members interested in raising and showing market beef
- Area Beef Producers
- Former or experienced 4-H & FFA beef project members
- Individuals interested in serving as mentors
How can I get involved?
- Choose a partner or ask the Extension Office to help find you a partner
- Create a partnership
- Select a calf with your partner
- Designate your calf as a scramble calf at beef weigh-in
- Care for your calf and train it to lead
Partnerships. . . Mentors and 4-Hers working together . . .
Partnership agreements and the COOL Declaration are available at the Clay County Extension Office
View a sample Scramble Calf record book
All partnership agreements must be completed and turned into the Clay County Extension Office prior to the Market Beef Weigh-in on December 29, 2012.