MoneyTips Blog Available
- Plan ahead: Don’t wait until the last minutes to do your shopping and decorating. This creates stress.
- Make your to-do list: When you write things down you identify their importance. Cross them off the list once they are done. It will give you a sense of accomplishment.
- Try “chunking” by breaking down the big task into smaller ones.
- Prioritize: Prioritize and do what is most important on your list.
- Ask your family members: delegate tasks such as sending out holiday notes, decorating, cooking prep work and cleaning. While they are helping you out, you can go take care of important tasks that only you can do.
- Allow extra time for interruptions, because life happens and we sometimes get hit with unexpected events.
- Shopping on-line at your convenience will help you save time from running from store to store.
- Eliminate trivial tasks – make sure your tasks count.
- Gift cards and certificates can save you time.
- Gift wrapping: when you purchase the gift, wrap it.
Learning simple holiday time management skills will help lessen your holiday stress and give you time to sit back and enjoy the holidays with the ones you love.
For this and many more financial tips visit http://blogs.extension.iastate.edu/moneytips/.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living