POSITION: Summer 4-H/Youth Intern
1. Teach Clover Kids curriculum to youth K-3 in Cerro Gordo County communities. Responsibilities will also include working at the North Iowa Fair, assisting with other Extension summer youth programs i.e. day camps, 4-H workshops, and other Extension duties as assigned
2. Recruit youth participants as assigned by supervisor and in accordance and respect for affirmative action
3. Work as a team with 4-H County Youth Coordinator, older 4-H youth, and other Extension staff as needed to carry out program assignments
4. Attend training and summer staff meetings as required by supervisor
5. Submit records of program participation, program evaluation, wage, and mileage reports, as required by supervisor
1. Interest in working with youth. Preference to college-age applicants
2. Experience in organizing and leading group activities
3. Computer experience to complete reports and prepare communications
4. Skills in oral and written communication
5. Access to transportation and Drivers License required
6. Preference to candidates with knowledge of Cerro Gordo County
7. Must successfully complete background screening prior to official hire date
EMPLOYMENT DATES: May 21- August 1, 2014
SALARY: $8.00/hr for no more than 440 hours over an 11 week period
56¢ per mile for on-job travel
ACCOUNTABILITY: Report to 4-H County Youth Coordinator
FILING DEADLINE: Apply by resume by March 7, 2014 (in office, not postmarked).
Send your resume to: Cerro Gordo County Extension & Outreach, 2023 S. Federal Ave., Mason City, IA 50401.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status.