Farmland Leasing Workshop
Cerro Gordo County Farmland Leasing Workshop
Tuesday, August 13, 2014
Mason City Chamber of Commerce, 9 North Federal Ave., Mason City
It’s the time of year when farmland leases come up for review. This workshop will guide landowners and renters through the process of finding the right kind of lease for their situation. The workshop will be led Kelvin Leibold, Iowa State University Extension Farm Management Specialist.
Topics covered include:
- Iowa Cash Rental Rate Survey and Land Values Survey
- Comparison of different types of leases
- Lease termination
- Impacts of yields and prices
- Calculating a fair cash rent
- Use of spreadsheets to compare leases
- Issues unique to this year’s production and an outlook for 2014.
- Available Internet resources
- $20 per individual or $30 percouple – includes workbook. Please register prior to workshop.
- Register at the Cerro Gordo County Extension, 2023 S. Federal, Mason City or call 641-423-0844 for more information. Registration fees are used to offset expenses.The Leasing Meetings page (www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/info/meetings.html) lists available meeting dates, locations, and registration information. Locations will be added as they become available, or contact any county extension office to find the nearest meeting location. The Leasing section (www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/wdleasing.html) of Ag Decision Maker also provides useful materials for negotiating leases, information on various types of leases, and lease forms.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living