About ISU Extension and Outreach: Cedar County
The Cedar County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Cedar County. Over the years we have been here to assist during times of war, natural disasters and economic changes along with the the good times. Cedar County Extension is available to every citizen of Cedar County. We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies. Through this website you will be able to see what is available for you.
Annual Report to Citizens
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Cedar County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized support they need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living