About ISU Extension and Outreach: Calhoun County
Calhoun County Extension and Outreach serves the citizens
of Calhoun County
Partnerships help Iowa State University Extension create a better future for all Iowans. Together we can improve the quality of life in Iowa.
The following list is a highlight of programs we have done throughout the year in Calhoun County:
- Family Finance
Child Care Provider Training
- Emerald Ash Borer Detection and Prevention
- Life Skills and Careers
View our Stakeholders Report for more information.
The Calhoun County Extension Council, county staff, and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Calhoun County.
Calhoun County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitionsfrom one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learninghow to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized supportthey need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living