Stay up-to-date on activities & opportunities for members
- Recycled Racers: Free program for 3rd-5th graders during the month of February.
- Vet Camp: Will be held at the Buchanan County Animal Shelter on Thursday, April 13; Ages: K-6th grade 1:30p.m.-3:00p.m. Ages: 7th-12th grade 3:00p.m.-5p.m. More details to come.
"Fieldtrips", Retreat, and Camps
- Legislative Trip 2017: Come join us as we travel by van with other 4-Hers to Des Moines, tour the State Capitol complex, visit with elected officials, gain a greater understanding of our Iowa State Government and learn about our great schools and people. On Tuesday, February 28th, 6th - 9th grade 4-H members & friends are planning to visit the Judicial Center, Iowa Legislature and Capitol in Des Moines, have lunch with legislators and explore the Science Center of Iowa. Download here for more details and the registration form.
- Jr Camp: June 16 & 17 at Camp Pine Lake. More details to come.
- Little Hands on Farm
4-H Center Spring Cleanup Day
- Information on 2017 Cleanup Day to come.
- Cat/Pet: Thursday, February 16 at Heartland Acres beginning at 5:30 p.m. Open to all Clover Kids, 4-H’ers, and FFA members. Those that bring a friend that has not shown in the cat/pet show before will receive a prize. This clinic is hands on, interactive, and informational. Youth will learn about grooming, handling, taking care of a pet, and showmanship skills.
- Sheep and Goat: Saturday, April 29 following weigh-in at the Buchanan County Fairgrounds (approx: 10:30 a.m.).
Helpsheets for Projects
Click on Project Helpers to learn more about what you can do to get a head start on your projects. Make sure to look at Exhibit Tip Sheets and Project Hot Sheets.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Buchanan County Events
- Engineering Adventures: Recycled Racers
- YCC Meeting
- 4-H Legislative Trip
- Youth Archery Classes
- Rabbit/Poultry Clinic
Child Care That WorksMore Child Care That Works Events
All Events for Buchanan County