About ISU Extension and Outreach: Buchanan County
Our office is located inside the Heartland Acres Agribition Center, 2600 Swan Lake Blvd. Suite A, Independence, Iowa.
Iowa State University Extension serves Iowans through six program areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources; Business and Industry: Communities; Families; 4-H Youth Development; and Continuing Education.
Since many counties have multiple legislators, use the link below to find the legislators serving your address
The Buchanan County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Buchanan County.
Buchanan County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitionsfrom one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learninghow to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized supportthey need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living