What is the Best-Selling Food at Big Stores Like Wal-Mart?
You get about 3 bananas for a pound depending on the size. Here in Iowa bananas have been 44 to 59 cents per pound which means they cost 15 to 20 cents each. Last week at my store you could buy bags of ripe bananas for 19 cents per pound which means they would cost about 8 cents each. That’s a really good deal IFthey don’t spoil before you use them.
Since bananas are so popular we created three videos with helpful banana tips and a one page tip sheet to go with each one. Check them out!
1. Choose great bananasBananas are a popular fruit. Depending how you use them you may want to choose bananas at various stages of ripeness.
2. 2. Make the most of your bananasBananas are the most popular fruit in the United States. Learn new ways to include bananas in your meals and snacks.
3. 3. Store bananasA ripe banana will last will last less than a week on the counter. So how can you best store bananas? Learn some options so your bananas don’t go to waste.
Peggy Martin—Registered Dietitian
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living