Finances of Caregiving
The Finances of Caregiving is a series of five 2-hour workshops to expand your understanding of possible solutions for providing care for a loved one and help families plan together for the care receiver’s care. Understanding your choices means knowing your current situation. This program guides you through finding and collecting that information.
- Lesson 1 - Understanding Your Starting Point and Why It’s Essential to Plan Ahead
- Lesson 2 - Wills, Living Wills and Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care and for Financial Matters
- Lesson 3 - Caregivers: Don’t Forget to Plan for Your Retirement, Ways to Continue Tax- Deferred Savings While Caregiving, In-Home Care, Adult Day Care, Respite, Residential, Hospice Care
- Lesson 4 - Paying for Care, Long-Term Care Insurance, Veterans Benefits, Medicare, Medigap and Medicaid
- Lesson 5 - Effective Communication is Essential, Taking Time and Planning Ahead
Finances of Caregiving is offered either as entirely face-to-face or as a hybrid course—face to face (sessions 1 and 5) and online (sessions 2 thru 4). You can contact Jeannette Mukayisire for workshops in Allamakee, Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Chickasaw, Clayton, Fayette, Grundy, Howard, Tama or Winneshiek Counties.
Decorah Session Brochure - April 18th to May 11th
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living