Tri-County Jr 4-H Camp
Race to Which Camp! Tri-County Junior 4-H Camp
August 5-7, 2015
Boone, Hardin, Marshall, and Story County Junior 4-H members who are completing 4th, 5th, or 6th grades are invited to the Race to Which Camp! Tri-County Junior 4-H Camp Wednesday, August 5, 10:00 a.m. through Friday, August 7, 8:30 p.m. at the Iowa 4-H Camping Center, 1991 Peach Avenue near Madrid. Cost is $180 per camper, counties may provide some financial assistance. Be sure to use your county's version of the registration form.
Campers will have three fun filled days learning new skills, making new friends, reuniting with other campers, testing their skills during camp activities, and enjoying the great outdoors. Family members are invited to a BBQ and closing ceremony campfire on Friday evening.
Everyone will join in the fun of team building, campfires, swimming, outdoor cooking, nature activities, creek walk, crafts, an evening celebration and relaxation, and plenty of good food! Campers will choose other activities from climbing tower, mega zip, canoeing, archery and atlatls, and theme-based activities.
The registration and required forms are also available from the Extension office or the 4-H newsletter. Registration deadline is July 17 (or until camp is filled).
ISU Extension and Outreach Region 8 staff coordinating the camp this year is Annette Brown, Youth Development Specialist. Questions may be directed to Annette Brown, 515-432-3882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select your county's form from the list below. Complete both sides.
- Boone County - pdf version word version
- Hardin County - pdf version word version
- Marshall County - pdf version word version
- Story County - pdf version word version
Complete and send these required forms with registration and fee (Forms are also available at your county extension office):
- Camper Health History Form (including copy of front and back of insurance card) - pdf version word version
- Camper Release Form - pdf version word version
- Participant Information Form - pdf version word version
- Parent Confidential Form - pdf version
- Medications Form - pdf version
- Parent Information Letter & What to Bring to Camp - pdf version word version
- Directions to Camp - pdf version
- Camp Map - pdf version
Male Counselors and Adult Males are still needed:
Counselors Application - http://www.extension.iastate.edu/boone/news/tri-county-jr-4-h-camp-counselor
Adult Application - http://www.extension.iastate.edu/boone/news/tri-county-jr-4-h-camp-volunteer
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living