Environmental Interest Club
Who: Any youth 4th through 12th grade interested in the environment and outdoor activities. Families must provide transportation to and from sites. Parents are welcome and strongly encouraged to stay at each session to learn and assist if needed. The activities are planned for registered 4th through 12th grade participants.
Why: This 4-H club gives youth an opportunity to explore nature and learn new outdoor skills, visit locations in and around Boone County, make new friends with similar interests, learn leadership and citizenship skills and HAVE FUN!
- $10.00 for already enrolled 4-H club members - Registration fees cover program costs, site fees, and insurance
- $45.00 for youth enrolling in 4-H ($35: 4-H Enrollment & $10: EIC Registration). Financial assistance is available for the $35 4-H Enrollment Fee. Click here for 4-H enrollment forms.
- Club enrollment includes 4-H membership which provides the opportunity to participate in 4-H activities including fair, camps, trips, project meetings, citizenship activities, volunteer opportunities and much more
- Contact the Boone County ISU Extension Office to enroll in 4-H and the Environmental Interest Club.
· Club Leaders: Emily Klein, Boone County Naturalist; Amy Chumbley, John Roosa and Natalie Hedlund, Boone County 4-H Volunteers
· More details on directions, what to bring, etc. will be sent to registered members before each session.
· Many activities will be outside. Always dress appropriately for the weather that day.
· Listen to KWBG 1590 for cancellations due to severe weather.
For more information or to enroll, contact:
Boone County ISU Extension & Outreach, 603 Story Street, Boone IA 50036 (Located under the Dutch Oven Bakery)
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living