Meetings Scheduled in Response to Herbicide Resistant Weed Issues
AMES, Iowa – In response to expanding problems associated with herbicide resistant weeds, weed specialists with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will conduct a series of meetings in November and December to address the issue. The meetings will provide information about causes of herbicide-resistant weed populations and objectively evaluate weed management programs currently used in Iowa, and provide support for development of durable weed management programs.
Registration at each location opens at 8:30 a.m. with the program beginning at 9 a.m. and concluding with a noon meal. There is no cost to attend this program; however advance registration is appreciated for meeting logistics and lunch counts. Additional information regarding the program and online registration is available at www.aep.iastate.edu/weeds.
Meeting dates and locations
- Nov. 20 – Decorah; The Oaks Steakhouse
- Dec. 4 – Ottumwa; Bridgeview Center
- Dec. 18 – Clear Lake; Best Western Holiday Lodge
- Dec. 19 – Wall Lake; Community Center
- Dec. 20 – Red Oak; Red Coach Inn
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living