Juntos Graduates from April Classes!
Juntos Workshop Aims to Help Youth Succeed in School
Black Hawk County Extension and Outreach is offering workshops designed to help Latino families work together to help youth succeed in school and to discover paths to higher education. Trained team members are working to impact parents and their children by promoting high school graduation and exploring options for higher education. Families with 8th, 9th and 10th grade students are encouraged to register for this no cost program. Topics discussed include:
• Being a champion for your teen
• Making education a family goal
• Succeeding in the current school system
• Communicating with teachers and guidance counselors
• Financing college and money matters
• Getting ready for the application process.
The program is offered in collaboration with the YWCA of Black Hawk County, University of Northern Iowa Center for Urban Education, Hawkeye Community College, Tyson, Pathways Behavioral Services, Waypoint Services, HyVee, Riverview Center, and Allen Women’s Health Center. Funding is provided by the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living