Learn it. Grow it. Teach it. Become a Master Gardener.
Black Hawk County
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach: Black Hawk County
We are committed to provide our citizens with "Information for Everyday Living." Iowa State University Extension offers education and information to the citizens of Iowa through the following areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources, Business and Industry, Community and Economic Development, Families, and 4-H Youth Development.
Up Coming Events...
• 2015 Private Pesticide Applicator Testing and Recertification - Continuing Instruction Courses (CIC) - Feb. 17 at 9:30am ($20) and March 19 at 7:00pm ($20). Please note: If Hawkeye College cancels (all day) due to weather, these classes will cancel also.
• 2015 Spring Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training Recertification Courses Commercial Ag Weed, Insect & Plant Disease-Feb. 10, Seed Treatment-Feb. 18, Ornamental & Turf-Mar. 4, & Certified Handlers-Mar. 24 Click for more info.
• Legislative Trip to Des Moines for 6th, 7th and 8th Graders! Feb. 25, Sign up by Feb. 11. Cost $40
• Animal Tracking at Hartman Reserve - Feb. 7th ($5.00)
• Iowa Commericial Manure Applicator Certification - Reshow- Jan. 29th 1:30pm at Extension Office. ($10)
• 2015 Confinement Site Manure Applicator Brochure
Worshop at Blackhawk Extension Office - Feb. 2, call 310-234-6811 to sign up.
• SERVSAFE Jan. 28, 2015 See BROCHURE
• 2015 Dairy Days in the surrounding area!
• 4-H Omelet Breakfast at the UAW Hall, Sunday, April 12th 8:00am - 1:00pm
• Emerald Ash Borer Information, City Ordinances and Tree Planting Info
• Cedar Valley Grows Information and Community Garden Applications
(CANCELLATIONS: If an event is cancelled it will be labeled so in the Black Hawk County Events Box to the right.)
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
•2014 Cash Rental Rates for Iowa
•Ag Decision Marker Website - Agricultural Economics and Business
• AgMRC Renewable Energy Website
• Beginning Farmer Center Website
•CALT Newsletter - ISU Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation
• ISU Dairy Team Newsletter
•Iowa Farm Outlook Website
• Licensed Tree Services of Waterloo
•MASTER GARDENER INFO
•Rural Innovator Newsletter-sign-up
•Science of Parenting Blog
•SOIL TESTING Forms
•Spend Smart, Eat Smart
•Words On Wellness January Newsletter - Your extension connection to nutrition and fitness.
•2013 BlackHawk Ext. Stakeholders REPORT