Learn it. Grow it. Teach it. Become a Master Gardener.
Black Hawk County
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach: Black Hawk County
We are committed to provide our citizens with "Information for Everyday Living." Iowa State University Extension offers education and information to the citizens of Iowa through the following areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources, Business and Industry, Community and Economic Development, Families, and 4-H Youth Development.
• Feb. 16th - Money Smart Ag Conference at Hawkeye College, Register here.
• Feb.17, Mar. 15 - Private Pesticide Continuing Instruction Course at Hawkeye College 9:00am, $20
• Feb. 19th - Commercial Manure Training ReShow. 9:00am - noon, no charge, please call 319-234-6811 to register.
• Feb. 23rd - Confinement Site Applicator Workshop, Dike Library, 1:30pm. See other counties.
• Feb. 24th - Seed Treatment CIC Course Register Here
• March 1st, 2nd & 3rd Hawkeye Farm Show at the UNI Dome Read More
• March 2nd - Ornamental and Turfgrass Applicators CIC Course Register Here
• March 9th - Farm Cash Flow and Water Quality at ISU Research Farm in Nashua, Read More
• March 22nd - Certified Handlers CIC Course Register Here
• Pro Ag Outlook (See slides from Nov. 19th meeting here)
SAVE THE DATE! 2016 Omelet Breakfast, April 3rd! See Flyer
• (Worker's Sign-Up) • (Cooker's Sign-UP)
• Feb. 13 - 4-H Animal Tracking RSVP here
• Feb. 24th - 4-H Legislative Day for 6,7,8 & 9th graders DEADLINE EXTENDED TO Feb. 17th. Registation Form
• Feb. 26th - 4-H Crime Scene Investigation & Self Defense RSVP here
• March 5th - Explore Photography for 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th graders at the Hearst Center...RSVP here
• 4-H Shooting Sports, First Saturday of the Month, 9:00am, Chickasaw Hall, Hawkeye Campus.
• 4-H Archey, Feb.13th, March 12th and April 9th See location here.
• FSQA 2016 for 4-Her's taking animals to Fair. (Flyer)
• SERVSAFE - Feb. 8, 2016 at Black Hawk Extension • 2016 BROCHURE
Cedar Valley Grows info -- Community Garden Application Open: Feb. 12 - Mar.16
Two infomational meeting coming Feb. 9th and 13th read more...
Emerald Ash Borer Information
Master Gardener 2015 Club Information
Jan. 26, Feb., 2, Feb. 16 - Master Gardener 2016 Winter Webinar Series
• Field Specialist I/II - 4-H Youth Development (Follow instructions on link.)
•Summer (Stem) Assistant (Please send application, Cover letter and Resume to email@example.com)
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Black Hawk County Events
- Animal Tracking at Hartman Reserve
- Money Smart AG Conference
- Winter Webinar Series - Working with Food Banks
- Winter Webinar Series - Working with Food Banks (Night Session)
- Private Pesticide Continuing Instruction Course CIC
All Events for Black Hawk County
•2015 Cash Rental Rates for Iowa
•Ag Decision Marker Website - Agricultural Economics and Business
• AgMRC Renewable Energy Website
• Beginning Farmer Center Website
•CALT Newsletter - ISU Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation
• ISU Dairy Team Newsletter
•Iowa Farm Outlook Website
•Just In Time Parenting
• Licensed Tree Services of Waterloo
•MASTER GARDENER INFO
•Rural Innovator Newsletter-sign-up
•Science of Parenting Blog
•SOIL TESTING Forms
•Spend Smart, Eat Smart
•Words On Wellness JAN. Newsletter - Your extension connection to nutrition and fitness.
•2013 BlackHawk Ext. Stakeholders REPORT
About Black Hawk Extension Flyer