Learn it. Grow it. Teach it. Become a Master Gardener.
Black Hawk County
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach: Black Hawk County
We are committed to provide our citizens with "Information for Everyday Living." Iowa State University Extension offers education and information to the citizens of Iowa through the following areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources, Business and Industry, Community and Economic Development, Families, and 4-H Youth Development.
Up Coming Events...
A Holiday Gift to You... Holiday Booklet from Extension!
• 2015 Private Pesticide Applicator Testing and Recertification - Continuing Instruction Courses (CIC)
• 4-H Etched Glass Workshop, Jan 3rd 1:00-3:00 at the Extension Office for both 4-Hers and Non-4-Hers! Please RSVP
• 4-H Bowl-A-Thon - Jan. 4th, • 4-H Shooting Sports - Jan 3rd • Animal Tracking at Hartman Reserve - Feb. 7th
• Iowa Commericial Manure Applicator Certification - Jan. 6, 2015 at Extension Office
• Martin Lurther King Jr. Day of Service - Jan. 19th 10-11:30am
• SERVSAFE Jan. 28, 2015 See BROCHURE
• Farm Bill Meeting in Black Hawk County, Jan. 26, 2015. (See other Counties Schedules) Helpful Resources PDF
• Help for farmers to register for the System for Award Management (SAM) for Farm Bill (pdf)
• Crop Advantage Workshop at Hawkeye College, Jan. 22
• 2015 Diary Days in the surrounding area!
(CANCELLATIONS: If an event is cancelled it will be labeled so in the Black Hawk County Events Box to the right.)
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
•2014 Cash Rental Rates for Iowa
•Ag Decision Marker Website - Agricultural Economics and Business
• AgMRC Renewable Energy Website
• Beginning Farmer Center Website
•CALT Newsletter - ISU Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation
• ISU Dairy Team Newsletter
•Iowa Farm Outlook Website
• Licensed Tree Services of Waterloo
•MASTER GARDENER INFO
•Rural Innovator Newsletter-sign-up
•Science of Parenting Blog
•SOIL TESTING Forms
•Spend Smart, Eat Smart
•Words On Wellness November Newsletter - Your extension connection to nutrition and fitness.
•2013 BlackHawk Ext. Skateholders REPORT