Provides opportunities for youth to develop skills they can use now and throughout their life, empowering them to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
Black Hawk 4H & Youth
Please like us on FACEBOOK!
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Black Hawk County Events
- SHEEP & MEAT GOAT WEIGH IN
- Safety Day in Hudson
- Island Adventure 4-H Day Camp
- A Series of Unfortunate Events - 4-H Day Camps
- Island Adventure 4-H Day Camp
Child Care That Works
- Munchkins & Moolah
All Events for Black Hawk County
Publications & Materials:
Club Officer Material:
• So You're the Club President....
• So You're the Club Vice President...
• So You're the Club Secretary...
• So You're the Club Treasurer...
• So You're Historian of your Group...
• So You're News Reporter of your Group...
• So You're Recreation Leader of your Group...
•So You're the Club Photographer...
4-H ONLINE for Iowa
Note for 2017 FAIR:
All 4-H Members must attend at least 4 club meetings to exhibit at fair.
Black Hawk County 4-H and FFA Fairbook 2017
• 2017Challenge Classes
2017 King and Queen Application for Black Hawk County Fair.
Deadline - June 20th (PDF)
2017 Horticulture Project Ideas
2017 FAIR Project Ideas
2017 FAIR Packet Forms
• HOT SHEETS FOR FAIR IDEAS!
• GOAL WRITING TIP SHEET
2017 FAIR IMPORTANT DATES:
June 15, 2017: Fair Entry OPENING
July 3, 2017: Fair Entry Deadline for:
- Garden Plot
- Crop Plot
- Extemporaneous Speaking
- Educational Presentation
- Working Exhibit
- 4-H Poster Contest
- Fashion Revue
- Clothing Selection
- $15 Challenge
July 7, 2017: Awards Banquet Scholarship Deadline for:
- Lion's Club Award Application Due to Extension Office
- Danforth "I Dare You" Award Application Due to Extension Office
July 13, 2017: Fair Entry Deadline for:
- All Livestock Class Entries
- All Static Judging Day Entries for Judging at Fair
July 14, 2017: Livestock Scholarships Deadline for:
- Sheep Scholarship Application Due to Extension Office
- Pork Scholarship Application Due to Extension Office
- Beef Scholarship Application Due to Extension Office
- Mark and Karen Steffes Equine Scholarship Due to Extension Office
2016-2017 4-H Calendar
Map of Clubs and Leader Info 2017
• Black Hawk County Shooting Sports
• New Member Enrollment Form
• Iowa 4-H Medical Info Release Form
• Code of Conduct Iowa 4-H Youth/Adult
• Online Re-enrollment Directions
• 4H Online Website
• Animal ID Entry Directions
• Market Beef Weigh In Verification
• Livestock Verification for Weighed-In
• Entering Non-Weighted In Animals
• Educational Kits to Check-Out
• Permission Agreement, Release Sheet
• Harvesting & Preparing Veg. for Exhibit
• Clover Kid Nutrition Ideas
• Clover Kid Games and Activities
• Record Book Forms
• Leader's 4-H Club Activity Form
• Leader's 2016-2017 Program Form
• 4-H Compliance Report
• Program Assistance
Independent Members: Must have a mentor (must attend required leaders meeting) and meet at least 6 times in the 4-H year. (May be a parent) You also must do a citizenship project and a presentation.
Indepentent Member Agreement Form
Indepentent Member Guidelines
"Heart of Belonging" Survey