Learn it. Grow it. Teach it. Become a Master Gardener.
Black Hawk County
We are committed to provide our citizens with "Information for Everyday Living." Iowa State University Extension offers education and information to the citizens of Iowa through the following areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources, Business and Industry, Community and Economic Development, Families, and 4-H Youth Development.
We're focused on feeding people, keeping them healthy, helping their communities prosper and thrive, and turning the world over to the next generation better than we found it!
We are . . . Read Our 2016 Stakeholders Report!
• A community based agency working to bring research based programs and services to you!
• Working to help people live better through life-changing programs and life-enhancing volunteerism!
• An answer line for alll questions related to family, food, nutriition, insects, plants, finances and farming!
• Focused on prepapring youth to be leaders and learners
Summer Fair Assistant - This is a temporary, 40 hour per week paid summer position from approximately mid-May to mid-August. Individual will serve under the supervision of the County Youth Coordinator to assure that all aspects of the Black Hawk County 4-H and FFA Fair are carried out in a safe and efficient manner. Read more. Send APPLICATION to firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Extension Educator - position is a ¾-full time position housed in Waterloo while providing horticulture related programming in the community and delivering the Kids in the Kitchen curriculum to youth between the ages of five and ten years old. This position offers flexibility in scheduling of work hours as programs could be delivered between 6:30 -9 am, 3-6 pm and other times during the workday or occasional weekends. Read more. Send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
Volunteer Postions: Dog Obedience Speciality Club Leader Needed, Read more..
• April 13 - May 18 Gardening Series at the Waterloo and Cedar Falls Libraries Read more
• April 23-29 - VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION WEEK, stay tuned for more details...
• April 22- 29 - MONEY SMART WEEK read more
FSQA and WEIGH-IN DATES at Hawkeye College Farm, please call 319-234-6811 to book your time. Who needs FSQA?
• April 22nd - 9:00-10:30am
• May 6 - Sheep & Meat Goat WEIGH IN at Hawkeye College, 8:00-10:00am Read more
• June 16-17 - Region 9 4-H Jr. Camp for 4th-6th graders Download Application
• June 12-29th 4-H Day Camps Read more
MPORTANT FAIR DATES for 4-Her's entering projects in the Black Hawk County Fair:
• MAY 15th - ALL LIVESTOCK (including dog and pets) ENTRIES: Must be entered into www.4honline.com by May 15th except rabbits and they need to be entered online by July 1st.
• July 3 - Fair Entry Deadline for: Garden Plot, Crop Plot, Communication Events
Extemporaneous Speaking, Educational Presentation, Working Exhibit, 4-H Poster Contest, Fashion, Fashion Revue, Clothing Selection, $15 Challenge & Photography
• JULY 13th - All LIVESTOCK and NON LIVESTOCK (STATIC) projects need to be entered into blackhawk.fairentry.com by July 13TH. Enter all projects, you can delete later at the fair.
• July 1st - STATE FAIR Livestock entries are due by July 1st web link coming soon.
• July 25 -29th - Black Hawk County 4-H & FFA Fair! Read more....
MAP OF CLUBS
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
• Aug. 2016 Farmland Leasing Meeting Notes
• Iowa Land Value Website (CARD)
• 2016 Cash Rental Rates for Iowa
• 2016 Iowa Land Values
• 2017 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survery
• 2016 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
•2015 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
• Iowa Cash Rent Farm Lease (Short Form)
•Ag Decision Marker Website - Agricultural Economics and Business
• ISU Soil Temperature Website
• AgMRC Renewable Energy Website
• Beginning Farmer Center Website
•CALT Newsletter - ISU Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation
• ISU Dairy Team Newsletter
• Farm Financial Planning Programs
•Iowa Farm Outlook Website
• IOWA Concern HOTLINE
•Just In Time Parenting
• Licensed Tree Services of Waterloo
•MASTER GARDENER INFO
•Rural Innovator Newsletter-sign-up
•Science of Parenting Blog
•SOIL TESTING Forms
•Small Farm Sustainability Newsletter
•Spend Smart, Eat Smart
•Words On Wellness
• Women in Ag Newsletter Sign Up
•2013 BlackHawk Ext. Stakeholders REPORT
About Black Hawk Extension Flyer
Control of Bed Bugs
Common Household Spiders