Learn it. Grow it. Teach it. Become a Master Gardener.
Black Hawk County
We are committed to provide our citizens with "Information for Everyday Living." Iowa State University Extension offers education and information to the citizens of Iowa through the following areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources, Business and Industry, Community and Economic Development, Families, and 4-H Youth Development.
• ISU Extension and Outreach in Black Hawk County has an opening in our Adult Nutrition Education Program, the Buy. Eat. Live Healthy. Program.(EFNEP) The position is 30 hours a week and includes benefits. Preferred qualities include ability to speak Spanish. Closes Oct. 16th. All applications must be made on line. Resumes are not accepted, rather answer all questions completely on the application. See more and apply here.
Now for sale at the Office! 2017 Indoor Flower Power Calendar - Beautiful! $7 Read more...
Aerial Applicator C-CIC (Commerical-Continuing Instruction Course) is now available. $35
Call 319-234-6811 to schedule a time.
UPCOMING FALL Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training and Certification Classes to be held at Black Hawk Extension Call 310-234-6811 to Sign Up.
• Dec. 7 - 9:00am and Dec. 13 - 9:00am Pest Control Operators Read more...
• Dec. 7 - 1:00pm Ornamental and Turfgrass Applicators Read more...
• Dec. 12 Young Producer Group, 6:30-9:30 Norma Anders Library in Dysart. Read more
Jan. 19 ALL DAY CROP ADVANTAGE at Tama Hall, Hawkeye College Register Here
• Feb. 14 - 9:00am - Commerical Pesticide C-CIC at Ext., Commerical Ag1A, 1B, 1C &10 Read more
• Feb. 22 - 9:00am - Commerical Pesticide C-CIC at Extension, Seed Treatment, 4 & 10. Read more
• Mar. 1 - 9:00am - Commerical Pesticide C-CIC at Ext., Ornamental & Turfgrass App. 3O, 3T, 3OT & 10. Read more
• Mar. 8 - 9:00am - Commerical Pesticide C-CIC at Extension, Certified Handlers. Read more
• Shooting Sports at Hawkeye, Cancelled for Dec. due to Construction at Hawkeye
• Dec. 10 - Archery at the Archery Shop, 9:00am Read More
• Dec. 10 - 8:00-10:00am BEEF WEIGH-IN at Hawkeye College Farm
• Dec. 29 - Wavy Words Paint & Pizza at Extension. 3:00-5:00pm
• Jan. 5 - Required Leaders Meeting (if you missed the first one), 7:00-9:00pm at the Extension Office
MAP OF CLUBS
Featured "At Work for Iowa" articleAnswerLine Finding New Ways to Connect with Iowans
AnswerLine is busiest the three days before Thanksgiving, when food calls come pouring in. However, the ISU Extension and Outreach hotline is a highly trusted resource for Iowans all year.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
• Aug. 2016 Farmland Leasing Meeting Notes
• 2016 Cash Rental Rates for Iowa
• 2015 Iowa Land Values
• 2016 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
•2015 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
• Iowa Cash Rent Farm Lease (Short Form)
•Ag Decision Marker Website - Agricultural Economics and Business
• ISU Soil Temperature Website
• AgMRC Renewable Energy Website
• Beginning Farmer Center Website
•CALT Newsletter - ISU Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation
• ISU Dairy Team Newsletter
• Farm Financial Planning Programs
•Iowa Farm Outlook Website
• IOWA Concern HOTLINE
•Just In Time Parenting
• Licensed Tree Services of Waterloo
•MASTER GARDENER INFO
•Rural Innovator Newsletter-sign-up
•Science of Parenting Blog
•SOIL TESTING Forms
•Small Farm Sustainability Newsletter
•Spend Smart, Eat Smart
•Words On Wellness
• Women in Ag Newsletter Sign Up
•2013 BlackHawk Ext. Stakeholders REPORT
About Black Hawk Extension Flyer
Control of Bed Bugs
Common Household Spiders