Learn it. Grow it. Teach it. Become a Master Gardener.
Black Hawk County
We are committed to provide our citizens with "Information for Everyday Living." Iowa State University Extension offers education and information to the citizens of Iowa through the following areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources, Business and Industry, Community and Economic Development, Families, and 4-H Youth Development.
• ISU Extension and Outreach in Black Hawk County has an opening in our Adult Nutrition Education Program, the Buy. Eat. Live Healthy. Program.(EFNEP) The position is 30 hours a week and includes benefits. Preferred qualities include ability to speak Spanish. Closes Oct. 16th. All applications must be made on line. Resumes are not accepted, rather answer all questions completely on the application. See more and apply here.
Flooding Information -
Aerial Applicator C-CIC (Commerical-Continuing Instruction Course) is now available. $35
Call 319-234-6811 to schedule a time.
UPCOMING FALL Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training and Certification Classes to be held at Black Hawk Extension Call 310-234-6811 to Sign Up.
• Oct. 19 - 9:00am, 1:00pm and Oct. 26 - 9:00am, Nov. 15th - 1:00pm Aquatic, Forest and Right-of-Way Read more...
• Oct. 27 - 9:00am Mosquito/Public Health Pest Management Read more...
• Nov. 9 - 9:00am Ornamental and Turfgrass Applicators Read more...
• Nov. 15 - 9:00am Fumigation Read more...
• Nov. 16- 9:00am Commericial Ag Weed, Insect, and Plant Disease Management Read more...
• Dec. 7 - 9:00am Pest Control Operators Read more...
• Jan. 5 - Iowa Commercial Manure Applicator Certification, See locations and info
• Jan. 9 - 2017 Private Pesticide Continuing Education Course at Tama Hall, 1:30pm See other locations
• Oct. 27 - FREE Family Halloween Fun Night at the YMCA 6:00-8:00pm
• Nov. 3 - Required Leaders Meeting, 7:00-9:00pm at the Extension Office
• Nov. 10 - Cedar Valley STEM Festival at the Five Sullivans Center 4:00-7:00pm - FREE
ª Nov. 19 - 4-H Wreath Making Workshop at Extension 9:00-11:00am
• Nov. 20 - 2:00-4:00pm 4-H AWARDS BANQUET at the Electric Park
• Dec. 10 - 8:00-10:00am BEEF WEIGH-IN at Hawkeye College Farm
MAP OF CLUBS
Featured "At Work for Iowa" articleOur Story: Gardening for Food Pantries
Start with an idea: grow fresh produce for donation to food pantries. Mix together ISU Extension and Outreach nutrition education, Master Gardeners and ISU Research and Demonstration Farms. The goal: More than 10,000 pounds of food for Iowans in need.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Black Hawk County Events
- Aquatic, Forest, and Right-of-Way Pest Management Categories 2, 5 , 6 & 10
- Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale - 3 Trainining
- Mosquito/Public Health Pest Management Categories 7D , 8, and 10
- Jr. Fun Night Halloween Party
- Your Money Your Future
All Events for Black Hawk County
• Aug. 2016 Farmland Leasing Meeting Notes
• 2016 Cash Rental Rates for Iowa
• 2015 Iowa Land Values
• 2016 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
•2015 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
• Iowa Cash Rent Farm Lease (Short Form)
•Ag Decision Marker Website - Agricultural Economics and Business
• ISU Soil Temperature Website
• AgMRC Renewable Energy Website
• Beginning Farmer Center Website
•CALT Newsletter - ISU Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation
• ISU Dairy Team Newsletter
• Farm Financial Planning Programs
•Iowa Farm Outlook Website
• IOWA Concern HOTLINE
•Just In Time Parenting
• Licensed Tree Services of Waterloo
•MASTER GARDENER INFO
•Rural Innovator Newsletter-sign-up
•Science of Parenting Blog
•SOIL TESTING Forms
•Small Farm Sustainability Newsletter
•Spend Smart, Eat Smart
•Words On Wellness
• Women in Ag Newsletter Sign Up
•2013 BlackHawk Ext. Stakeholders REPORT
About Black Hawk Extension Flyer
Control of Bed Bugs
Common Household Spiders