Learn it. Grow it. Teach it. Become a Master Gardener.
Black Hawk County
We are committed to provide our citizens with "Information for Everyday Living." Iowa State University Extension offers education and information to the citizens of Iowa through the following areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources, Business and Industry, Community and Economic Development, Families, and 4-H Youth Development.
We're focused on feeding people, keeping them healthy, helping their communities prosper and thrive, and turning the world over to the next generation better than we found it!
We are . . .
• A community based agency working to bring research based programs and services to you!
• Working to help people live better through life-changing programs and life-enhancing volunteerism!
• An answer line for alll questions related to family, food, nutriition, insects, plants, finances and farming!
• Focused on prepapring youth to be leaders and learners
!• Jan. 19 ALL DAY CROP ADVANTAGE at Tama Hall, Hawkeye College Register Here
• Jan. 25 - Noon - 2:00pm Master Gardeners Webinar: Donation & Small-Space Gardens Public Welcome Read More
• Jan. 26 - 6:00-8:00pm Master Gardeners Webinar: Donation & Small-Space Gardens Public Welcome Read More
• Feb. 8 - Noon - 2:00pm Master Gardeners Webinar: Impact Matters, Public Welcome Read More
• Feb. 9 - 6:00-8:00pm Master Gardeners Webinar: Impact Matters, Public Welcome Read More
• Feb. 14 - 9:00am - Commerical Pesticide C-CIC at Ext., Commerical Ag1A, 1B, 1C &10 Read more
• Feb. 22 - 9:00am - Commerical Pesticide C-CIC at Extension, Seed Treatment, 4 & 10. Read more
• Mar. 1 - 9:00am - Commerical Pesticide C-CIC at Ext., Ornamental & Turfgrass App. 3O, 3T, 3OT & 10. Read more
• Mar. 8 - 9:00am - Commerical Pesticide C-CIC at Extension, Certified Handlers. Read more
• Mar. 8 - Noon-2:00pm Master Gardeners Webinar: Growing & Harvesting Vegetables, Public Welcome Read More
• Mar. 9 - 6:00-8:00pm Master Gardeners Webinar: Growing & Harvesting Vegetables, Public Welcome Read More
• Jan. 14th - 9:00-11:30am 6th - 10th Grade Babysitting Workshop at Extension Read more...
• Feb. 28th Legislative Trip for 6th, 7th & 8th Graders, Read more...
MAP OF CLUBS
• SERVSAFE - Jan. 23, 2017 at Black Hawk Extension • 2017 BROCHURE
Featured "At Work for Iowa" articleExtension Is Family for DeJongs
Mackenzie DeJong followed her father, Joel, into the "family business" -- ISU Extension and Outreach. She's a human sciences program coordinator based in O’Brien County. They reflect on how extension work became part of their life.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
• Aug. 2016 Farmland Leasing Meeting Notes
• Iowa Land Value Website (CARD)
• 2016 Cash Rental Rates for Iowa
• 2015 Iowa Land Values
• 2016 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
•2015 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
• Iowa Cash Rent Farm Lease (Short Form)
•Ag Decision Marker Website - Agricultural Economics and Business
• ISU Soil Temperature Website
• AgMRC Renewable Energy Website
• Beginning Farmer Center Website
•CALT Newsletter - ISU Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation
• ISU Dairy Team Newsletter
• Farm Financial Planning Programs
•Iowa Farm Outlook Website
• IOWA Concern HOTLINE
•Just In Time Parenting
• Licensed Tree Services of Waterloo
•MASTER GARDENER INFO
•Rural Innovator Newsletter-sign-up
•Science of Parenting Blog
•SOIL TESTING Forms
•Small Farm Sustainability Newsletter
•Spend Smart, Eat Smart
•Words On Wellness
• Women in Ag Newsletter Sign Up
•2013 BlackHawk Ext. Stakeholders REPORT
About Black Hawk Extension Flyer
Control of Bed Bugs
Common Household Spiders