Learn it. Grow it. Teach it. Become a Master Gardener.
Black Hawk County
We are committed to provide our citizens with "Information for Everyday Living." Iowa State University Extension offers education and information to the citizens of Iowa through the following areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources, Business and Industry, Community and Economic Development, Families, and 4-H Youth Development.
ISU Extension & Outreach Black Hawk County is looking to fill two part-time AmeriCorps positions to serve as 4-H Program Assistants. 4-H Program Assistants will work within unserved populations of Waterloo and Cedar Falls developing and strengthening positive youth development programming. In partnership with local schools, churches and neighborhoods the 4-H Program Assistant may develop activities and programs offering STEM, Healthy Living, Citizenship, Leadership, Communication and Arts to populations not currently served by 4-H. This position is funded in partnership with Americorps which offers a living wage stipend ($6,634) and education award ($2,887) with flexible scheduling. Detailed Job Description. Those interested in applying please send APPLICATION, Cover Letter, Resume with 3 references to Diane Wolfe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aerial Applicator C-CIC (Commerical-Continuing Instruction Course) is now available. $35
Call 319-234-6811 to schedule a time.
UPCOMING Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training and Certification Classes to be held at Black Hawk Extension
• August 3rd Farmland Leasing Meeting at Hawkeye College 9:00am Read more. View PowerPoint Here!
• September 11th IDALS Pesticide Testing Second Friday of the Month at Extension, 10:00-2:00pm Read More...
• August 26th - 40th Anniversary at ISU Research Farm. 10:30am to 3:00pm, Free Lunch Read more...
Please Help Us Evaluate our 2016 Black Hawk County 4-H and FFA Fair. Please answer these questions and email back to Diane email@example.com. (PDF)
• 2016 Black Hawk County Fair Exhibitors Results
• Record Book Forms
• September 17-18th Henry Doorly Zoo Trip for 6 - 8th Graders. Download Registration Cost $100 Code of Conduct
• 4-H Shooting Sports, First Saturday of the Month, 9:00am, Chickasaw Hall, Hawkeye Campus.
• 4-H Archery
• SERVSAFE - Sept. 22, 2016 at Black Hawk Extension • 2016 BROCHURE
Cedar Valley Grows info Download 2016 Local Food Guide
Emerald Ash Borer Information
Master Gardener Club Information
BECOME A MASTER GARDENER...Apply Here. Deadline Sept. 1. See brochure.
Master Gardeners...enter the 5th Annual All-Iowa Art Show, Deadline Aug. 1 Read more...
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Black Hawk County Events
- IDALS Pesticide Testing
- Cultural Understanding - Workshop 2
- Discovery Day for 2nd Graders
- Discovery Day for 2nd Graders
- "Your Interested in What!?" Workshop for 3rd-5th Grade 4-H Members.
All Events for Black Hawk County
• 2016 Cash Rental Rates for Iowa
• 2015 Iowa Land Values
• 2016 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
•2015 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
• Iowa Cash Rent Farm Lease (Short Form)
•Ag Decision Marker Website - Agricultural Economics and Business
• ISU Soil Temperature Website
• AgMRC Renewable Energy Website
• Beginning Farmer Center Website
•CALT Newsletter - ISU Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation
• ISU Dairy Team Newsletter
• Farm Financial Planning Programs
•Iowa Farm Outlook Website
• IOWA Concern HOTLINE
•Just In Time Parenting
• Licensed Tree Services of Waterloo
•MASTER GARDENER INFO
•Rural Innovator Newsletter-sign-up
•Science of Parenting Blog
•SOIL TESTING Forms
•Small Farm Sustainability Newsletter
•Spend Smart, Eat Smart
•Words On Wellness (JUNE Issue)
• Women in Ag Newsletter Sign Up
•2013 BlackHawk Ext. Stakeholders REPORT
About Black Hawk Extension Flyer
Control of Bed Bugs
Common Household Spiders