Learn it. Grow it. Teach it. Become a Master Gardener.
Black Hawk County
We are committed to provide our citizens with "Information for Everyday Living." Iowa State University Extension offers education and information to the citizens of Iowa through the following areas: Agriculture and Natural Resources, Business and Industry, Community and Economic Development, Families, and 4-H Youth Development.
• Volunteer Coordinator See Description Submit cover letter, resume, application and three references to email@example.com
Aerial Applicator C-CIC (Commerical-Continuing Instruction Course) is now available. $35
Call 319-234-6811 to schedule a time.
• July 8th IDALS Pesticide Testing Second Friday of the Month at Black Hawk Extension, 10:00-2:00pm Read More...
• July-August Iowa Rivers Revival’s Master River Stewards Program Sign up by July 12, read more
• August 3rd Farmland Leasing Meeting at Hawkeye College 9:00am $20, Please Call 319-234-6811 or Download Registration here. Read more.
ALL EVENTS ARE FREE! More INFO!
• Schedule of events for Black Hawk County Fair.
• Challenge Classes everyone can enter, not just 4-Hers! More Details
2016 FAIRBOOK (Rules for Exhibitors)
View STEM Fair EXCITING DETAILS!
FairEntry is NOW OPEN! Go to blackhawk.fairentry.com. Enter your Fair Projects by July 13th!
• FAIRENTRY HELP SHEET
• July 1st RABBITS must be entered into 4-H ONLINE!
• July 1st - ALL ANIMALS ENTERED into IOWA STATE Fair Read more
• September 17-18th Henry Doorly Zoo Trip for 6 - 8th Graders. Download Registration Cost $100
• June 28-30th Iowa 4-H Youth Conference (Ages 8th - 12th grade)
More into here Register by June 1 to save $25.
• 4-H Shooting Sports, First Saturday of the Month, 9:00am, Chickasaw Hall, Hawkeye Campus.
• 4-H Archery, May 21st, 9:00am at the Archery Store
• SERVSAFE - July 13, 2016 at Black Hawk Extension • 2016 BROCHURE
• August 3 - Making and Freezing Salsa Read More
• August 4 - Pickling Read More
Cedar Valley Grows info Download 2016 Local Food Guide
Emerald Ash Borer Information
Master Gardener Club Information
BECOME A MASTER GARDENER...Apply Here. Deadline Sept. 1. See brochure.
Master Gardeners...enter the 5th Annual All-Iowa Art Show, Deadline Aug. 1 Read more...
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living
Black Hawk County Events
- Ag Day - Feeding Children Mind & Body
- Summer Stem Olympics at the Dunkerton Library
- 4-H Dog Obedience Classes
- IDALS Pesticide Testing
- Summer Stem Olympics at the LaPorte City Library
All Events for Black Hawk County
• 2016 Cash Rental Rates for Iowa
• 2015 Iowa Land Values
• 2016 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
•2015 Iowa Farm Custom Rate Survey
• Iowa Cash Rent Farm Lease (Short Form)
•Ag Decision Marker Website - Agricultural Economics and Business
• ISU Soil Temperature Website
• AgMRC Renewable Energy Website
• Beginning Farmer Center Website
•CALT Newsletter - ISU Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation
• ISU Dairy Team Newsletter
• Farm Financial Planning Programs
•Iowa Farm Outlook Website
• IOWA Concern HOTLINE
•Just In Time Parenting
• Licensed Tree Services of Waterloo
•MASTER GARDENER INFO
•Rural Innovator Newsletter-sign-up
•Science of Parenting Blog
•SOIL TESTING Forms
•Small Farm Sustainability Newsletter
•Spend Smart, Eat Smart
•Words On Wellness (JUNE Issue)
• Women in Ag Newsletter Sign Up
•2013 BlackHawk Ext. Stakeholders REPORT
About Black Hawk Extension Flyer