Returning to the Farm Seminar
Returning to the Farm (formerly known as Ag Link) is a seminar for ISU juniors and seniors who plan to join their family farm operations after they graduate. Topics include conflict resolution, goal setting, business analysis, farm planning, and management, which are viewed differently because of distinct and sometimes conflicting goals and endowments of capital, labor, technical knowledge, and management expertise. Starting in 2003/2004 students have been able to apply for credit. For more information on these seminars call 1-877-BFC-1999.
- Setting the guideposts
- Multiple generation farm families: living and working together
- Strategic business planning
- Farm business planning
- Estate planning
This program will
- Provide general information necessary to plan entry into existing farm operations
- Furnish a resource packet with worksheets, exercises, and pertinent information
- Offer an opportunity for students and their families to discuss issues related to farm transfer
Discover how to address major issues that can lead to failure in a multiple generation farm business. Find out whether an existing operation is large enough to support an additional partner. Uncover alternatives for transfer of farm assets.