Allamakee County Extension brings Iowa State University to you!
You don’t need to be a farmer to teach others about Iowa’s most precious natural resource. ISU Extension helps Iowans appreciate and take care of our land. This makes Iowa a great place to live today and tomorrow.
You don’t need to be a teacher or have kids in school to benefit from Iowa State University Extension programs. Thanks to Extension, schools and communities are creating safe places for kids to learn, play, and reach their full potential—and that helps everybody.
You don’t need to be a kid or have kids to benefit from Iowa State University Extension programs. Thanks to Extension, Iowa kids are healthier, and they are excited about learning and building the skills they will need to be good citizens today and the leaders of tomorrow—that helps everybody.
Iowa State University Extension helps employers implement good management practices, secure new markets, and assist employees. This improves Iowa’s economy, and that’s good for all Iowans.
Get inside Extension and discover how we support healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies. Read about some of the ways ISU Extension meets local needs, improves quality of life, and helps make Northeast Iowa a better place to live. You’ll be amazed at what we do.
2011-2012 Allamakee County Extension Council
2012 Region 4 Stakeholder Report
Monthly Region 4 Newsletters for councils and stakeholders
Iowa State University Extension is a proud partner of the Northeast Iowa Food & Fitness Initiative. We believe northeast Iowa is a unique place where all residents and guests experience, celebrate and promote healthy locally grown food with abundant opportunities for physical activity and play EVERY DAY. Healthier people make stronger families and vibrant communities.
The Northeast Iowa Food & Farm Coalition has been formed to begin implementation of the strategic plan designed to build a stronger local food and farm economy in Northeast Iowa. The Coalition’s mission is to support the development and marketing of locally grown agriculture products to enhance the lives of local citizens.
About Iowa State University Extension and Outreach: Allamakee County
The Allamakee County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Allamakee County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Allamakee County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized support they need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living