Pee Wee Calf Show & Dairy Novice Show-- Allamakee County Fair
Pee Wee Calf Show Rules -- Allamakee County Fair
TO ENTER: Bring the child and have the dairy calf to Northwest corner of the Show Barn on the Allamakee County Fairgrounds 30 minutes before the show to check-in.
NO Pre-Entry and no entry fee!
The show starts at 2:30 pm on the Saturday of the fair.
- 4 and younger – participants must be able to lead a calf unassisted.
- 5 and 6 year olds
- 7 and older -- participants must not have completed 4th grade as of fair time.
Information Needed: Please sign up and enter at the show barn (use the opposite end of the barn as the wash rack).
- Age of child
- Name of child
- Name of Parents or Guardian
Rules and Regulations:
- Must be a calf (any beef or dairy breed) born after March 15. No clipping is necessary-just washed and clean. Calves must be on a halter.
- Judging will be on: Best Groomed Pair (child and calf), Best Groomed Calf, Best Groomed Child.
- Every child participating will receive a ribbon, 4-H tattoo, and a coupon for one free ice cream cone from the Allamakee Dairy Promotion Board Foodstand. PHOTOS will be taken of the participants after the show.
Dairy Novice Show Rules
The Dairy Novice Class will be hosted by the Allamakee County Dairy Producers again this year.
- For youth completing K-3 grade.
- The class will be held following the Pee Wee Show on Saturday, July 19 in the Show Barn.
- The dairy heifer must be broke to lead and born prior to June 1 of the current year (no freshened heifers), and must be washed and cleaned, but does not need to be clipped.
- Exhibitors should wear a white shirt or 4-H shirt, pants, and closed-toed shoes. Contact Michelle for more information at 563-568-3746.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living