The Horse Page
Questions about the Allamkee 4-H Horse Project contact Lana by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 563-568-6345.
*Upper Iowa Saddle Club Open Horse Show Winneshiek County Fairgrounds Sunday, June 2 Showbill
*Great Strides Horse Show Winneshiek County Fairgrounds Sunday, June 9 http://greatstridesofneiowa.org/EventsContacts.html
2014 NEWS & EVENTS
We will be painting the arena fence Thursday, May 22, 4:00 p.m. It will be a potluck and you may come and go as your schedule allows. Bring a car mitt to use on the fence. Rain date, Thursday, May 29.
Horse workouts at the fairgrounds in Waukon will be held
Thursdays, from 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. June 5 – July 10
Wednesdays, from 10:00 a.m.—1:00 p.m. June 11- July 9
Please wear your 4-H shirt June 5 for a group photo. This photo will be used to send as a Thank You for any contributions or volunteers that help us throughout the year. Dress code will apply. Use the airport driveway. If there has been a great deal of rain, or inclement weather, it is your responsibility to learn of cancellations the day of the workout by calling the Extension Office after 2:00 p.m. at (563)568-6345.
REMINDER- “Exhibitors must participate and bring his/her animals to one scheduled county horse workout in the spring to be eligible to show at the Allamakee County Fair.”
Check out the Horse Project Club photos at Flickr Allamakee 4-H & 4-H Facebook page it has some fun and enjoyable pictures of us at our workouts, fair and trailrides.
Goal: Our goal is to help you learn proper horsemanship and care in a fun and supportive atmosphere, welcoming all levels of expertise, and encouraging sportsmanship.
Family Involvement: We encourage families to attend the workouts with their children. We want you to be able to support your children’s interests, and learning along with them is the best way to do this. The Allamakee County 4-H Horse Project is a Fun Family affair!
Grazing News - a newsletter sent by Iowa State University Department of Animal Science Equine Newsletter
Looking for some horsey project ideas? Check out the list below to help you get started. Use your imagination, the possibilities are endless.........
Horse Project Ideas
How To Build A Mounting Block
How To Make A Rope Halter
Breed and Event Associations
- 4-H Horse & Pony Project
- Iowa Quarter Horse Association
- AQHA (American Quarter Horse Association)
- APHA (American Paint Horse Association)
- Appaloosa Horse Club
- American Miniature Horse Association
- ACHA (American Cutting Horse Association
- NCHA (National Cutting Horse Association)
- NBHA (National Barrel Horse Association)
- NRHA (National Reining Horse Association)
- AAEP (American Asscoaition of Equine Practitioners)
- AHC (American Horse Council)
- AYHC (American Youth Horse Council)
- AWC (Animal Welfare Council)
- CHA (Certified Horsemanship Association)
- NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL RODEO
- NAERIC (North American Equine Ranching Information Council)
Organizations in Iowa
Other Information Resources
- Iowa State University, University Extension Resources
- Discover Horses - Web videos and more. Partnership with AQHA & Nutrena
- The Horse Source - Comprehensive site with links to almost anything to do with the sport
- Horse Country - Another comprehensive site
- Kansas State University Extension
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living