Eat smart, borrow instead of buy, cleaning supplies and more Energy Tips
Learn uses for old pillows, what light bulbs are the best and washing clothes tips can be found here Save Energy Tips
Both older and newer homes benefit from proper insulation. You can reduce your heating costs by making sure there's enough insulation in your home. Learn more about insulation. US Department of Energy
Global Stewards: provides environmental tips for sustainable living and information about exciting sustainable solutions that are speeding the shift toward a sustainable way of life.
Saving energy in your home also helps save you money. ISU Extension's Energy Conservation web site can help answer some of your questions.
Energy efficency in the home is a family matter. The Iowa Energy Center offers energy savings tips for you and your family.
This is brought to you by the U.S. Department of Energy and ISU Extension.
Take the initiative: Save energy
Springtime warmth leads to summer heat. Plan now to keep your home comfortable.
- Home Tightening, Insulation and Ventilation - Home Series 1 (EDC 389A) -- Find out how to lower your utility bills with energy-efficient home improvements.
- Home Heating and Cooling - Home Series 2 (EDC 389B) -- Reduce your utility bills with low-cost, low-tech tips. Make the most of your air-conditioning system. Landscape your yard for year-round comfort.
- It’s also a good idea to plan ahead for next year’s heating season with this Heating Fuel Cost Comparison worksheet (PM 1068).
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living