4-H Livestock Exhibitors--May 15 ID Deadline
4-H Livestock Exhibitors: Please read if a 4-H member in your home has signed up in the project area of: beef, dairy, horses, swine, dairy goats, meat goats, dog, rabbit, poultry, or bucket bottle calf. If anyone in your family will be showing any of these species of livestock, you must ID that animal in 4-H Online by May 15. Please read for more information.
**If you weighed in your animals or will be weighing them in the Extension Office Staff will enter or has entered the information into 4-H Online.
**If you have all ready ID'd your animals, THANK YOU!
REMINDER:The May 15 deadline is quickly approaching and we want to remind you to get your animals identified or recorded in 4hOnline on time!
The 4hOnline livestock ID system will lock on May 15 at 11:59 PM. PLEASE, don't wait until the last minute to ID your livestock. We encourage families to ID animals directly into 4hOnline. If you need the paper ID forms please contact the Allamakee County Extension Office. There are some great helpsheetsthat you can use to answer many questions. Please also refer to the 4-H 202State document for ownership and identification rules. For County Information the 2016 Allamakee County Fairbook may be found at http://www.extension.iastate.edu/allamakee/page/member-info
Here are some reminders for you to keep in mind:
When you log in to the member’s record (login to family, then to member, then click Animals/Livestock at the top of the screen),
- NEW this year you can reactivate the following species: horses, dairy cattle, dogs, pets, dairy goats. Those animals are listed below on the screen print. To reactivate them for this year, the member would click in the box beside the correct animal(s), then click the Activate Animal(s) button. Pretty simple, brings over all the data (birthdates, color, markings, photos, etc.) from last year.
- For 4-H online help sheets visit http://www.extension.iastate.edu/allamakee/page/member-info or call 563-568-6345 or you can email Lana at email@example.com
JULY 1: Actual State Fair entry deadline. 4hOnline ID only nominates your animal(s) for eligibility. You still must make actual State Fair entry by July 1 through 4hOnline. Login to 4hOnlinefor the State Fair 4-H livestock entry.
- April 27, FSQA training, 1:00 p.m., Extension Office
May 14, FSQA training, 9:00 a.m., Extension Office
• May 15, Animal ID due to 4-H Online
• May 15, Share - A - Project forms due to the Extension Office
June 1 Expressions Day, Food Challendge
• June 15, Entry Deadline. Extension Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
**Entry forms will be mailed to you after May 15. Please verify the information on the forms and return it to the Extension Office with your entry & stall fees.
- June 15 Horticulture Challenge Entries Due
- July 1 State Fair Entries due
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living