On-Line 4-H Newsletter
Thunder Rode Benefit Dance - Saturday, August 24, from 8 - midnight is our benefit dance for Thunder Rode. The band is the Swamp Cats, "good ole rock & roll with a pinch of country and a side of blues!" We're also having a silent auction - some of the items include an overnight at the hotel/water park in Prairie, tickets to Nickelodeon Universe, tickets to Chanhassen Dinner Theatre, a fishing rod by Fox Rods, afternoon trailrides, cupcakes, and other cool items. Also, is a benefit jewelry sale by Laurie Plasden, Paparazzi Jewelry. Tickets in advance are $7 and tickets at the door are $10. To purchase an advance ticket, just call 563-419-8318.
Iowa Supreme Chamion Dairy Heifer Scholarship Show-NCC (2nd Annual)-September 13-14National Cattle Congress will be hosting the Iowa Supreme Junior Champion Dairy Heifer Scholarship Show at their fair in the fall. National Cattle Congress and the National Cattle Congress Dairy Committee believe this is a way for kids from all across the state to come together and meet others with similar interests. Our hope is for them to enjoy their experience and share and learn from one another and most importantly have FUN!
Schedule: Friday, September 13 7:00 pm Check In
Friday, September 13 8:30 pm Youth Pizza Party
Saturday, September 14 8:30 am National Cattle Congress Iowa Supreme Champion Dairy Heifer Scholarship Show
Saturday, September 14 9:00 am Youth Dairy Show
Show Packet & Information
Year Round Opportunities
USDA Youth Loan
Obtain up to $5000 to finance supervised 4-H or FFA projects from Farm Service Agency! Youth 10 - 21 years of age are eligible to apply for this great opportunity. This is a year around opportunity, so you may apply at any time. For more information pick up a brochure and application at the Allamakee County Extension Office or call the FSA Office at 563-382-8777 or 563-568-2148.
Iowa 4-H Center News
State 4-H Camp in Madrid, Iowa. Greetings! The summer camp season has come to a close, but did you know that Iowa 4-H Center is open year-round? The Center is the ideal place to host a club meeting, volunteer retreat, or a much needed family getaway. Check out all the opportunities that the Center has to offer for your 4-H club and family.
· Looking for Volunteers: The Iowa 4-H Center is seeking volunteers for a planning committee that will help with an adventure race in September 2012. If you are interested please contact email@example.com for more information.
· Club Coupon: Looking for something fun to do with your 4-H Club this school year? Why not travel to the Iowa 4-H Center for a day or even for an overnight stay. The Iowa 4-H Center offers every 4-H Club a FREE day use rental and discounted fees for overnight stays. Click here to check out the club coupon that is available from August 15 to May 15 each year. Programming is available on request.
· Extreme Makeover, Camp Edition: Eight 4-H Clubs took the challenge last spring and we are now seeking more 4-H Clubs to take the Extreme Cabin Makeover challenge! Clubs will have the opportunity to design, implement, and have fun with cabin improvements. Applications for the 2012 Cabin Makeover are due November 1, please click here for the participation agreement.
We hope you take advantage of these opportunities this year at the Iowa 4-H Center. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like more information. We hope to see you at the Iowa 4-H Center soon! In the camping spirit
Reach Out Iowa Advisory Board
Exciting new state leadership opportunity for high school aged 4-Hers, the Reach Out Iowa Advisory Board. Do you know 4-H members who have a passion for serving in their community or addressing community problems and issues? I am sure you do! The Reach Out Iowa Advisory Board is a great opportunity to further develop their citizenship, communication and leadership skills. The Reach Out Iowa Advisory Board is open to all young people across the state, even those not in 4-H, and will give young people the chance to help Iowa become a more youth and service friendly state. A special emphasis will be given to promoting the value of service learning and the Iowa Days of Service. For more information about the Reach Out Iowa Advisory Board, please visit http://iowa4hservicelearning.ning.com/ and download the application.
Counties Main Menu
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living