On-Line 4-H Newsletter
Essay Contest for the Humane Society of Northeast Iowa The Humane Society of Northeast Iowa is holding an essay contest for youth in grades K-12. The essay is a story about how a pet or animal has benefited your life. There will be cash prizes. Essays are due by April 30. For more information go to www.hsnei.orgor email HSNEIowa@gmail.com.
Waterloo Mother's Day Double ARBA & ISRBA Sanctioned Open & Youth Show Catalogue available upon request of show secretary. Sunday May 12, 9:00 a.m. Flyer
Crawford County 4-H/FFA Horse Show June 1 Flyer
UISC Horse Show
Sunday, June 2 Winneshiek County Fairgrounds Show bill
4H/FFA Horse Workshop 9am-3pm Saturday June 1, 2013-
This will take place RAIN or SHINE at the Fayette County Fair Grounds, West Union, Iowa. Duke Neff will be covering halter, showmanship, in-hand trail and trail classes. Sandy Ruckhaber will be covering topics around riding, safe handling and training. There is a $10.00 cash cover charge for the day. Please RSVP with Fayette County Extension Office at 563-425-3331 by May 28, 2013. Payment will be taken the day of workshop.
Great Strides Horse Show June 9: Allen Fadness Arena, Winneshiek County Fair Grounds. Mark your calendars! More details and a class list coming. http://greatstridesofneiowa.org/
Year Round Opportunities
USDA Youth Loan
Obtain up to $5000 to finance supervised 4-H or FFA projects from Farm Service Agency! Youth 10 - 21 years of age are eligible to apply for this great opportunity. This is a year around opportunity, so you may apply at any time. For more information pick up a brochure and application at the Allamakee County Extension Office or call the FSA Office at 563-382-8777 or 563-568-2148.
Iowa 4-H Center News
State 4-H Camp in Madrid, Iowa. Greetings! The summer camp season has come to a close, but did you know that Iowa 4-H Center is open year-round? The Center is the ideal place to host a club meeting, volunteer retreat, or a much needed family getaway. Check out all the opportunities that the Center has to offer for your 4-H club and family.
· Looking for Volunteers: The Iowa 4-H Center is seeking volunteers for a planning committee that will help with an adventure race in September 2012. If you are interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
· Club Coupon: Looking for something fun to do with your 4-H Club this school year? Why not travel to the Iowa 4-H Center for a day or even for an overnight stay. The Iowa 4-H Center offers every 4-H Club a FREE day use rental and discounted fees for overnight stays. Click here to check out the club coupon that is available from August 15 to May 15 each year. Programming is available on request.
· Extreme Makeover, Camp Edition: Eight 4-H Clubs took the challenge last spring and we are now seeking more 4-H Clubs to take the Extreme Cabin Makeover challenge! Clubs will have the opportunity to design, implement, and have fun with cabin improvements. Applications for the 2012 Cabin Makeover are due November 1, please click here for the participation agreement.
We hope you take advantage of these opportunities this year at the Iowa 4-H Center. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like more information. We hope to see you at the Iowa 4-H Center soon! In the camping spirit
Reach Out Iowa Advisory Board
Exciting new state leadership opportunity for high school aged 4-Hers, the Reach Out Iowa Advisory Board. Do you know 4-H members who have a passion for serving in their community or addressing community problems and issues? I am sure you do! The Reach Out Iowa Advisory Board is a great opportunity to further develop their citizenship, communication and leadership skills. The Reach Out Iowa Advisory Board is open to all young people across the state, even those not in 4-H, and will give young people the chance to help Iowa become a more youth and service friendly state. A special emphasis will be given to promoting the value of service learning and the Iowa Days of Service. For more information about the Reach Out Iowa Advisory Board, please visit http://iowa4hservicelearning.ning.com/ and download the application.
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living