American Income Life Insurance Report
Allamakee County Biweekly
4-H Leader Memo
December 1, 2013
4-H Showcase Spotlight of the Week
4-H Engineering Club and 4-H Waukon 10th Hour STEM Club:
Exciting additions are being made into Allamakee County 4-H Program. In Lansing an Engineering Club is getting organized and there is lots of interest! 4-H Waukon 10th Hour STEM Club has just been charted as a NEW club in Allamakee County. Thank you to Sue and volunteers who helped make this happen!
NEW 4-H Highlights for the week
WE ARE HERE TO HELP:
Remember Sue and I are here to help. Shoot us an email of how we can help you and we will try are best to meet your needs.
“Club programs are due soon but we are running out of ideas….” Sound familiar? I am listening to everyone and it sounds like you would like more ideas on what to do with you club within the four 4-H priorities. Sue and I are working on resources of ideas to give to you. Next memo we will have this prepared. Please complete your program as much as you can and hopefully our resources will fill in your needs. Also, feel free to call and stop by for resources.
If you want to do a fun activity with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics) that includes visual arts just give us a heads up in advance and we will find an activity for your club or we can bring the activity to you!
Accidents do happen in our 4-H programs. With a solid risk management plan, the frequency and severity of incidents should be reduced. Planning also ensures you know what to do when an incident does occur. Follow procedures and execute your emergency plan, document everything, represent 4-H and ISU interests, and complete the forms needed.
Report all incidents to your county extension 4-H staff. They will help determine additional reporting requirements based on the details of the incident.
Attached is a Claim Report Form and I also placed a few copies in your club box. Please keep this form with your risk management plan to ensure you are covered.
4-H Highlights from previous week(s):
Now is a good time to start reminding your youth about GOAL SETTING! If you need assistance or would like Leah or Sue to visit with your club members, please contact them. There are a lot of great resources to help.
Record Book Restructuring
After the holidays we will start the process of looking at our Record Book process and how we can make it more up-to date and more FUN! If you are interested in serving I a work group to share your ideas and creativity, please let us know. Meeting dates will be sent our soon.
Club Visits-Don’t Forget!
Don’t forget to contact Leah or Sue with a date that works for us to come and visit during a Club meeting. This visit can serve as: your yearly club visit, club satisfaction survey, hands-on activity and/or a “LET’S GET EXCITED ABOUT OUR CLUB!” event. We look forward to seeing you soon.
4-H Calendar:**Green indicates the event/deadline is within a week.**
**Purple indicates new events added.**
- 28-29 Thanksgiving, Ext. Office Closed
- 30 All Enrollments Due, Ext. Office
- 30 Club Programs & Officer Rosters Due, Extension Office
- 1 County Council Meeting/Christmas Party, 5:00 p.m.
- 2 Youth Development Meeting, 7:30 p.m.
- 4 Waukon 10th Hour STEM Club, 3:30 p.m.
- 5 Food & Fitness Initiative, New Hampton, 9 a.m. -2 p.m.
- 7 Saturday Clover Kids, 9:30 a.m.
- 11 Waukon 10th Hour STEM Club, 3:30 p.m.
- 17 Community Information Meeting, New Albin, 4:30 p.m.
- 18 Waukon 10th Hour STEM Club, 3:30 p.m.
- 19 Community Information Meeting, Waukon, 4:30 p.m.
- 21 County Beef Weigh-in, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- 21 State Beef Weigh-in/ Retinal Image, Winneshiek County, 1-2 p.m.
- 30 Regional County Council Lock-in
- 4 Saturday Clover Kids, 9:30 a.m.
- 5 Regional FEEST Event
- 11 Chef’s Club, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- 21 Volunteer Training, 7-9 p.m.
- 26 Citizenship Program Meeting, Waukon, 2 p.m.
County Youth Co-Coordinator
ISU Extension & Outreach
21 Allamakee St
Waukon, IA 52172
Counties Main Menu
- County Home
- About Us
- 4-H & Youth
- Agriculture & Environment
- Business & Community
- Families & Healthy Living