Viticulture: Mike White
Areas of Expertise
Agronomic resource management with emphasis in: soils; soil fertility; waste nutrient use; crop production practices; forage selection and use; soil conversation; integrated crop management; pesticide use; pesticide safety and compliance training.
ISU Extension county and area directors, council members; state and local elected officials; units of government; chambers of commerce; general public; organizations; and industry.
Joined ISU Extension
Extension Positions/Other Experience
- USDA Soil Conservation Service, 5/77 - 5/81
- Land 'O Lakes agronomy salesman, 5/81 - 1/84
- Laverty Sprayers, crop consultant, 1/84 - 1/86
- Lavery Elevator Inc., agronomy sales manager, 1/86 - 7/92
- Heartland Co-op, chief agronomist, 7/92 - 10/94.
- Red Oak , Iowa High School graduate, 5/73
- A.S. Iowa Western Community College, Council Bluffs Ia., 5/75
- B.S. Forest Management , Iowa State University, Ames Ia., 5/78
- M.A. Agronomy, Iowa State University, Ames Ia., 12/89.
- Certified Professional Agronomist, CpAg
- Certified Crop Advisor, CCA
- Iowa Certified Pesticide Applicator, categories: 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 10, 02, 30T, 05, 06, 7C
- Semi-tractor trailer Commercial Drivers License
- Iowa Notary Public; Iowa Real Estate License
- Xi Sigma Pi Natural Resource Honor Society, 5/78
- Soil Conservation Service Certificate of Merit, 1/81
- Citation of Appreciation from Indianola , Ia. FFA Chapter, 4/89
- Indianola Ia. Chamber of Commerce Volunteer of the Year in 1990
- ISU Certificate of Appreciation for Paper presented at 1991 ISU Crop Production and Protection Conference, 12/91
- ISU Extension CRP Committee Achievement award, 11/97
- "Methods For Interseeding Legumes and Grasses Into CRP" paper presented at ISU Crop Production Conference, 11/97
- The Internet: Communications For The Future, 4/96
- Muskthistle Control In Grass Pastures, 5/96
- Multiflora Rose Control in Grass Pastures, 6/96
- Canada Thistle Control In Grass Pastures, 1/97
- Methods of Interseeding Legumes into CRP Sod, ISU CRP-20, 10/97
- Rate Variability of Anhydrous Ammonia Applicator Equipment, ISU Pm-1747, 11/97
- Interseeding Small Seeded Forages Into Sod with Conventional Corn/Soybean Planters, ISU CRP-21, 3/98.
Agriculture and Natural Resources Menu
- Field Specialists
- Natural Resources
- Yard and Garden