Extension Offers Dry Manure Applicator Certification Workshops
AMES, Iowa ― Iowa State University Extension and Outreach in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR) will offer manure applicator certification workshops for dry/solid manure operators on seven different dates and locations in February. These workshops meet manure applicator certification requirements for both confinement site manure applicators and commercial manure applicators who primarily apply dry or solid manure.
“The information in this workshop will benefit not only those needing certification, but anyone using dry or solid manure as a nutrient resource,” said Angie Rieck-Hinz, coordinator of the Manure Applicator Certification Program. “This year’s program features information about how to put a value on using dry/solid manures in your cropping system.”
The workshops are free to attend and open to all. Applicators will be required to submit certification forms and fees to the Iowa DNR to meet manure applicator certification requirements.
Register for one of the workshops by calling the number listed with the selected site. Workshop locations and dates are:
- Feb. 5, Branding Iron Restaurant, Thompson. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 641-584-2261 to register.
- Feb. 6, Sioux County Extension Office, Orange City. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 712-737-4230 to register.
- Feb. 14, Community Building, Ellsworth. This meeting starts at 9 a.m. Please note new location and start time. Call 515-832-9597 to register.
- Feb. 15, Heartland Museum, Clarion. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 515-532-3453 to register.
- Feb. 18, Washington County Extension Office, Washington. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 319-653-4811 to register.
- Feb. 19, Adair County Fairgrounds, Greenfield. Please note new location. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 641-743-8412 to register.
- Feb. 28, Buena Vista County Extension Office, Storm Lake. This meeting starts at 1 p.m. Call 712-732-5056 to register.
Agriculture and Natural Resources Menu
- Field Specialists
- Natural Resources
- Yard and Garden